PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST APPLY AT USPS.COM/CAREERS. FROM THERE, SELECT "APPLY NOW" AND SEARCH "HARRISBURG" IN THE KEYWORD SEARCH. THE APPLICATION WINDOW WILL BE OPEN FROM 9/15/22-9/29/22.
This is a career position which offers excellent benefits. Newly hired employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). Upon hire, employees are eligible to contribute into the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is similar to 401(k) plans. We also offer the option to enroll into the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program as well as the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI). Dental, Vision and Long-Term Care Insurance Programs as well as Flexible Spending Accounts to cover eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent care (day care) expenses are also available. We offer eleven paid federal holidays as well as accrued vacation and sick leave. Paid training provided.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs complex testing, diagnosis, maintenance, alignments and calibration, overhaul, and revision, of electronically operated or controlled equipment or systems; may be required to perform maintenance of associated electromechanical equipment and systems.
2. Observes the operation of systems and equipment, and applies various testing and diagnostic methods and procedures to locate and correct malfunctions and/or failures and ensures maximum system performance.
3. Performs equipment inspections to assess the quality of service or maintenance received, and to discover incipient malfunctions; initiates work orders requesting corrective actions for equipment not meeting maintenance or operating standards; estimates time and materials necessary to make corrections and conducts investigations of frequent or serious equipment failures to determine the cause of the breakdown and to recommend remedial maintenance action.
4. Recommends changes to servicing and preventive maintenance activities; assists in the revision of preventive maintenance and operator checklists, and their frequency to sustain the proper degree of maintenance.
5. Performs analyses of equipment failures; reviews operational reports, audits, and other information, to determine where operational enhancement can be made to prevent equipment or systems deterioration.
6. Participates in the installation, removal, modification, assembly, and/or disassembly of systems and equipment.
7. Participates in classroom, on-the-job, and correspondence training programs; attends courses at postal facilities, trade schools, and manufacturers sites; assists in developing and implementing training programs; provides on-the-job training to other lower level maintenance employees.
8. Provides technical support to other employees in the facility or in installations within the area served; performs in-process and final operational checks and tests work completed by other employees; may work without direct supervision.
9. May drive a vehicle or use other appropriate modes of transportation in the course of assigned duties.
10. Follows established safety practices and requirements while performing all duties; reads and adheres to instructions listed in applicable maintenance directives; maintains a library of maintenance directives.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,517.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Harrisburg, PA 17106: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Male Applicants only: Did you register with the Selective Service prior to your 26th birthday?
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location