The Supply Inventory Planner will have successfully demonstrated the ability to independently manage all aspects of a Store Inventory Planner role. Major aspects include managing OTB and turn, in stock effectiveness and planogram transitions. The Supply Inventory Planner must have adeptness with current inventory management systems/processes and demonstrate the ability to leverage for maximum efficiency. The Supply Inventory Planner has the capability and expertise to lead departmental projects and/or be capable of mentoring or training Store Inventory Planners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Replenishment System Allocation Management
- Optimize the automated replenishment system parameters based on rate of sales, lead times, and order frequency to ensure meeting our inventory levels and in stock goals.
- Monitor product flow from domestic and import vendors to distribution centers and to stores; replenish and allocate product as needed.
- Adhere to OTB spend while achieving planned turnover and revenue growth Planning Analysis Perform analysis and review upcoming promotional forecasts and seasonal activity based on sales, inventory, and in stock expectations (minimum presentation standards).
- Actively supports the category business plan and line review process with data and analysis, providing recommendations and insights as necessary.
- Analyze and review non-productive inventory; create and monitor action plans to minimize inventory liability.
- Lead in the development of annual budgets at category level to support company financial targets, including Cost of Goods Sold, Receipts, Base Inventory Levels, and Future Transitions Communication
- Develop relationships with merchant team through active involvement in business decisions
- Maintain collaborative partnerships with vendors, distribution centers, and stores to ensure the rapid and efficient movement of goods through the supply chain
- Communicate with store teams and respond to individual store issues as needed
- Drive change in company best methods and be a resource for inventory system process enhancements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Requirements Demonstrated analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, planning, and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Strong computer skills, systems aptitude, and experience.
- Retail experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a high level of energy and initiative.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Advanced PC and Microsoft Office skills
- Leadership Team Development
- Responsible for training and mentoring new and existing employees
- Assume leadership role in process improvement task forces
- Ability to adapt to various roles and responsibilities
- Present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Liaison to cross-departmental roles, ie. Pricing
- Visual Replenishment Process and Systems Expertise
- Demonstrated past success in inventory analyst roles
- Responsible for creating, managing, and maintaining OTB; communication of issues, opportunities, and resolutions to the Inventory Manager via weekly updates.
- Financial analysis and/or forecasting experience.
- Advance Auto Parts systems aptitude and experience.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelors of Science degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Math, or Statistics from an accredited four year college or university or equivalent business experience; and 4+ years business experience with emphasis in Inventory, Merchandising, or Merchandise Planning; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Inventory Management: 4 years
Required work authorization: