We are a rapidly growing plaintiffs personal injury law firm with an immediate need for a full-time, litigation legal secretary/assistant.
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities
- Maintain client communication on a regular basis.
- Gather and analyze intake information, as well as relevant documents associated with new files and enter pertinent information into case management software.
- Initiate claims, verify coverage and maintain communication with insurance adjusters to provide case status updates.
- Prepare documents and correspondence such as letters of representation, demand letters, billing inquiries, etc.
- Assist clients in coordinating medical care for injuries associated with their case.
- Input and track all expenses associated with client files by utilizing case management software.
- Collect documentation of all damages sustained such as medical records, bills and loss of wages.
- Review and interpret medical records and reports.
- Performs other clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, taking dictation, composing and typing routine correspondence, and reading and routing incoming mail.
- Provides support to attorney(s) in the preparation of cases for hearing, mediation, and trial.
- Draft settlement demands for attorney review.
- Update case details regarding demands, settlements and closings on a regular basis by utilizing case management software.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years' administrative skills in an office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Legal Secretary: 2 years (Required)
- Baton Rouge, LA (Required)