Segal, a leading HR and Benefits consulting firm, is seeking a Senior Insurance Consultant to join our New York City and currently remote-based insurance consulting team. The ideal candidate enjoys a challenging environment and is an expert in professional insurance.
If you are willing to work hard and are ready to contribute in a meaningful way on day one – this opportunity may be for you.
The Senior Insurance Consultant will support a defined client base and contribute significantly to the company’s revenue and success.
The Senior Consultant develops and builds upon established relationships with clients, CRMs, carriers, brokerage staff and client vendors, in securing the appropriate underwriting information and coverage levels. The executive will manage client accounts within a Region including setting priorities and providing a full scope of professional insurance broker services and contribute to the revenue generating activities of the Practice.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Manage book of client business and will oversee and negotiate insurance coverage terms, review quote letters, schedules of insurance, executive insurance summaries, and recommendations
- Secure carrier quotations including negotiating with underwriters
- Ensure high quality standards including overseeing the accuracy of quotes, binders, certificates, policies, audits, endorsements and other related items
- Ensure accurate identification of potential loss exposures, recommend appropriate coverages and execute appropriate binding and billing/financing processes. Review and execute summaries of insurance, insurance schedules and proposals on a timely basis
- Generate quote memos including analyzing coverages, evaluate recommendations and carrier comparisons and manage account renewals, identify and recommend account rounding and cross-sell opportunities
- Coordinate the review, assembly and response of RFIs or RFPs, their accuracy and thoroughness as well as their submittal in a timely manner.
Diversity and Inclusion at Segal:
- Advanced knowledge of Fiduciary Liability, Employment Practice Liability Insurance (EPLI), Directors & Officers, Professional E&O, Cyber Liability, and ERISA Fidelity Bonds
- 10+ years of professional experience managing a book of business and overseeing the activities of team members in a fast paced professional insurance environment, direct management experience highly preferable
- Licensed insurance professional or ability to secure license within 60 days
- Demonstrated experience utilizing technical acumen to develop strategic solutions and sales opportunities
- Possesses or will achieve completion of the RPLU designation
- Undergraduate Degree required. Graduate level degree a plus
- Advanced working proficiency of all levels of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (Office 2013), MS Teams
- Familiarity with AMS 360 is highly preferred
- Understanding of the historical, legal, political, and administrative differences between Taft-Hartley, Public Sector and Corporate benefit plans and how their coverage needs differ would be a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communicator and a proactive team player with strong proofreading and editing skills and a passion for detail
- Ability to multi-task while simultaneously managing multiple deadlines with changing priorities
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
SP - Segal Select Insurance Services
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Oct 7, 2020, 1:37:30 PM