Coordinate all aspects of planning, design, development, building, training, implementation, communication, maintenance, prioritization, and evaluation of existing and new functionality related to the Cerner Millennium Emergency Department Management System (FirstNet). This position works closely with the Emergency Departments across McLeod Health as well as the rest of the clinical IT Analysts taking direction and prioritizing based on input from the team and the IT Clinical Systems Director.
Participates on a group call rotation schedule covering 24/7/365. This is an onsite position.
- Demonstrates skills and ability to work in a team approach with other clinical analysts required.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business Management, HealthCare Administration or health care related field preferred OR an equivalent amount of related experience and education obtained that demonstrated the necessary skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position.
- Nursing background in Emergency Medicine is preferred but not required. Should have an understanding of Emergency Department Workflow. Experience with Cerner Millennium SurgiNet is also a plus.
- Five years’ experience in the installation of health care systems required.
- Demonstrated written and oral communications and educational skills.
- Ability to present design concepts and system functions in an understandable, logical and concise manner.
- Proven ability to coordinate and lead projects through completion.
- Demonstrated abilities in analytics and project management skills to participate in multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to conduct training classes, project meetings, and seminars with all levels of the organization.
McLeod Health is the region's destination for medical excellence. Our excellence extends from the Midlands to the Coast along the border of North and South Carolina - serving more than one million people. As medical needs grow – we grow, expand, and improve our facilities and services. The McLeod Health network is comprised of 7 hospitals with locations in Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Manning, Cheraw, Loris, and Little River. We have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach for patients looking for primary care and family physicians.
Founded over a century ago, McLeod is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system which features the strength of more than 750 physicians and 2,000 registered nurses, and more than 8,500 employees. McLeod constantly seeks to improve patient care with efforts that are physician led, data-driven and evidence-based. For more information about McLeod, please click here
Our McLeod History:
Florence, South Carolina, United States
Position Type Details
CSC Building - 1045 E Day Street