System1 Biosciences is a well-funded stealth mode startup revolutionizing drug discovery for brain disorders. Founded by professors from Columbia University and UCSF along with experienced Silicon Valley technology entrepreneurs, we combine novel biotechnology, neuroscience, robotic engineering, and machine learning techniques. Join us as we try and revolutionize the treatment of previously hard to treat conditions like autism and schizophrenia.
We're building a world-class high-throughput bioscience data-processing platform that includes image processing, numerical methods, end-user software and development operations tools. Our current tech stack is a cloud native backend built on AWS services like Lambda, ECS, RDS, and SQS. The front end is React/Redux/ES2017.
This role is a core member of our software engineering team. You'll participate in team-wide projects as well as lead the design and delivery of independent initiatives.
Our ideal candidate will have:
In this position you will:
- 5+ years experience delivering high-quality at-scale software
- BS or MS in computer science, engineering, or similar computational field
- Deep knowledge of running sophisticated systems on AWS
- Object oriented programming in Python
- Experience working in biotech image and data processing
- Relational DB expertise in SQL and relational data modelling
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment and the ability to deal well with ambiguity and act with autonomy
- Initiative, curiosity, a bias for action, and a problem-solving attitude
- A deep desire to learn
- High personal standards of reliability and a track record of driving projects to completion
- Deliver timely, high quality solutions to specific engineering problems
- Mentor and cross-train with other engineers via design discussions and code reviews
- Architect new systems and changes to existing systems to support new functionality
- Make technical decisions and drive them to completion
- Evaluate and select tools to meet project needs without creating unnecessary technical debt
- Work full-time hours in our San Francisco office
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and opportunities for professional growth, in an intellectually stimulating and fast-paced environment.
If this excites you, then we are excited to hear from you! Please contact us and include your CV or résumé.
System1 Biosciences is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.