Clark Hill PLC is seeking an experienced full-time Legal Secretary for the Intellectual Property Practice Group in its Chicago Office. A minimum of 3 years of experience as a legal assistant is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Draft preparation of reports for clients regarding prosecution steps in patent and trademark matters.
- Draft preparation of routine letters for clients, such as engagement letters, trademark watch notices, docket reports.
- Management of matters/records for patent and trademark matters (domestic and foreign).
- Draft preparation of routine copyright applications.
- Draft preparation of routine trademark applications and maintenance documents, including Madrid Protocol.
- Assembly of exhibits for office action responses, trademark oppositions/cancellations, and litigation.
- Preparation of formal documents for patent applications, including ADS, POA, IDS, Declarations, PCT/RO/101.
- E-filing in and comprehensive understanding of all USPTO of patent and trademark filing systems and online forms, including but not limited to PAIR, EFS-Web, EPAS, TESS, TSDR, TEAS, ETAS, ESTTA, TTABVUE, eCO.
- Filing in and understanding of federal court filing and electronic record systems, including CM/ECF, PACER.
- Understands general relevance of and to query MPEP, TMEP, TBMP, PTAB Rules, 15 USC 1051 et seq., 35 USC 100 et seq., 37 CFR.
- Maintains working knowledge of Google Patent, PatentScope, Espacenet.
- Familiar with ICANN, WHOIS, Wayback Machine.
- Intake of new clients and new matter opening, including processing engagement letters, conflict checks, administrative forms.
- Processing of foreign associate and vendor invoices for billing.
- Management of maintenance fees and annuities for domestic and foreign patent matters.
- File management (hard copies, FileSite, organization of file histories, etc.).
- Dockets matters and tasks; produces docket reports, such as status reports for client matters; updates, manages, and monitor docket; meets and confers with attorneys.
- Contacts and problem solves procedural issues with USPTO HelpDesk, annuity vendor, etc.
- Organizes correspondence from vast array of senders and recipients.
- Prepares, files, and tracks expense reports; books travel arrangements.
- Familiar with Elite, Webview, CPI, CPA, and MS Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Communicates effectively with colleagues/staff/attorneys, and clients.
- Industrious, positive attitude, collaborative, willing to train/learn, problem solver.
- Excellent computer skills utilizing MS Word, Outlook, and related MS software.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Excellent prioritization skills, and the ability to manage a diverse workload for multiple people.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to absorb information quickly and adapt to change.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and business acumen when interacting with clients, potential clients, guests of the firm, and co-workers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team player orientation.
- Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to Cheri Lundin, Office Manager.
- Required work authorization:
- United States
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: