IMPORTANT : If you don't have a reliable vehicle to commute to work, please do not apply. If you do not have an Associate's or Bachelor's degree or currently working towards one, please do not apply for this job. Your application will be denied.
Golden Valley Photo LLC provides tailored photography services to establishments in the food and entertainment industries. We analyze our client's business and offer photography solutions that minimally intervene with the flow of their business and add to the positive guest experience while promoting the establishment patronized. We strive to capture memories forever and add a special touch to guest experience at our partner establishments by providing both hard prints and digital copies of pictures at affordable prices. We believe that a few dollars spent on something memorable as pictures can go a long way.
We are currently looking to hire part-time associates (full-time might be possible). No prior photography experience required, but having one is a plus. The job is at Cadillac Ranch restaurant in the National Harbor. There might be an opportunity to transfer to another location in the DMV metropolitan area in the future.
Your responsibilities as a photographer include but not limited to:
- Opening and closing the photography station for your shift and doing inventory check
- Working alone or as part of a team and walking around the restaurant with a camera and offering restaurant guests to take a picture
- Taking pictures of guests at the right moment, with their consent, and provide them with a complimentary postcard
- Offering guests optional pictures for purchase along with the complimentary postcard in a courteous and professional manner
- Using Adobe Photoshop and another photography software to quickly print pictures (everything that is needed to know about the two software will be taught)
- Weekend availability required (open schedule preferred)
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree completed or in progress
- Quick learner, positive attitude, common sense and a strong integrity
- Good command of the English language
- Situational awareness (Being very mindful of the restaurant staff, your surroundings and not intervening with guest experience. Approaching guests at the most appropriate time.)
- Basic math (multiplying, dividing, subtracting, adding)
- Follow appearance standards (Wear fully black outfit and maintain a clean, fresh, professional and well-groomed appearance at all times. Due to the level of service we strive to provide, it is important that we take pride in our personal appearance and grooming.)
- Smart phone with internet data (to be explained during the interview)
- Persistent - if you give up at the first sight of difficulty, this is not a job for you
- Reliable - as cliche as it sounds, if you call out often and unreliable, you will not last long
- Reliable transportation to and from National Harbor
- With our rewarding base ($3) + commission compensation, you can earn anywhere between $12 to $25 an hour. Commission structure is set up in a way to reward good performance. Every time you make more than a certain amount, your percentage commission goes up by 2%. So, the more sales you make, the higher your percentage commission will be. There is no limit to how much you can make. How much you will make will largely depend on yourself and how focused you are. If you have a positive attitude and have good people skills, you will do fantastic in this job! If you want to be in control of how much you make, this is the job for you.
There is a growth potential in this job. If you are very good at your job/show leadership skills, you will then be moved to a managerial role. You may be in charge of the whole restaurant, or restaurants if you can manage more than one.
During the training, you will learn about photography fundamentals, photo editing and sales. These are great skills to have whether you stay with us or not. The length of training depends on how fast you learn, but usually lasts 2 days with six hour training each day. The training is unpaid, however we cover parking.Monthly permits at a reduced price ($35) to park in National Harbor will be available after training.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- National Harbor, MD (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: