The Boch Center is currently seeking applications for the position of Database Administrator. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Database Administrator is an experienced development services professional who is primarily responsible for the operation, configuration, and maintenance of the Center’s Raiser’s Edge database and associated computer systems, including Luminate Online. Duties include all data entry, constituent segmenting, tracking, and reporting.
This position requires a mastery of Raiser’s Edge; a high level of professionalism, collegiality, self-motivation, organization, and familiarity with the goals and objectives of the Boch Center. This role also requires strong experience working in a team, as the Database Administrator will collaborate not only with members of the Development Office, but also with colleagues in Finance, Marketing, Education, and Theatre Services to ensure accurate and timely data entry, reporting and database updates, and appropriate interfacing with the organization’s systems.
This opportunity is ideal for candidates who are eager to immerse themselves in a hands-on fundraising operation, work in a collaborative environment with other professionals, and help advance the organization. Considered one of the most innovative performing arts institutions in the country, the Boch Center provides a stimulating and goal-oriented work environment that encourages innovation, leadership, and collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities –
Raiser’s Edge Administration:
- All data entry, including bi-weekly importing of ticket buyers.
- Provide Raiser’s Edge training opportunities for staff, as needed.
- Identify, implement, and oversee data clean-up projects, as needed.
- Make necessary data edits and duplicate resolution in order to maintain data integrity of the database.
Queries and Reporting:
- Assist staff with writing of queries, reports and exports, as needed
- Prepare logistical support for new mailings, e-mail blasts, follow-up reports and other ad hoc reporting functions.
- Be responsible for the integration of data systems with regard to the Raiser’s Edge, Import-O-matic, Luminate Online and other software designed to support development, membership and other systems.
- Engage appropriately and respectfully with Boch Center staff and colleagues.
- Contribute to maintaining positive office morale, even in the face of high work volume and challenging periods.
- Assume other office-wide duties at the request of the Director of Development.
- Adhere to the mission, credo, and standards of behavior of the Boch Center.
This position requires a high level of professionalism, collegiality, self-motivation, organization, and familiarity with the goals and objectives of the Boch Center. In addition, the ideal candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Have excellent communication skills, including oral presentation and writing, and the ability to produce clear documentation.
- Be honest, trustworthy, and abide by strict confidentiality guidelines.
- Have an even disposition and be able to deal effectively and politely with people from all backgrounds and experiences in diverse situations.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively within the team and with other departments and colleagues.
- Have the ability to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound, and confidential judgment.
- Be highly organized, detail oriented and efficient.
- Maintain a professional and considerate demeanor, and have a strong work ethic.
- Be entrepreneurial, collaborative, conscientious, and results-oriented.
- Have the ability to innovate, think and plan strategically, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and be committed to positive conflict resolution when challenging situations arise.
- Be able to listen carefully and communicate clearly with others.
- Be motivated to learn and display flexibility in a changing environment.
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Mastery of Raiser’s Edge is essential; knowledge of Luminate Online, ResearchPoint, and Import-O-Matic preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Raiser's Edge: 1 year (Required)