Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
· Keeps each display area organized, appealing and up-to-date by changing the layout from time to time.
· Creates merchandising areas using racks, pallets, tables, shade tents, cinder blocks, etc.
· Responsible for construction of new display furnishings when necessary (i.e. building a table, etc.).
· Ensures that all sale and back areas are safe to navigate and free of trash and debris.
· Assists Receiving Manager and Lead with shipments.
· Responsible for all large bagged goods including keeping it organized, well-stocked and maintained.
· Responsible for keeping all large outdoor pottery well-merchandised, appealing and organized
· Assists customers when necessary- particularly with bagged goods and pottery.
· Ensures the gravel is consistently leveled, raked, clean, and any holes filled in.
· Assist in the construction of garden areas for the store such as the raised beds for demonstration gardens, etc.
· Aids in installation jobs offsite when necessary and performs delivery duties from time to time.
· Performs gate duties such as ticket-writing, etc.
Education and/or Work Experience:
High School diploma or GED preferred. Customer service experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to lift 50 or more pounds on an occasional to frequent basis; Ability to problem-solve and take initiative. Ability to use tools such as electric drill, circular saw, hammer, etc. Ability to work in a team efficiently and cohesively.
Performance of physical activities that require moving one's whole body, such as in climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and repeatedly bending, where the activities often also require considerable use of the arms and legs, such as in the physical handling of materials; Requires stamina to exert one's self physically over long periods of time; Must be able to move or handle merchandise generally weighing 0-50 pounds, sometimes more. May be exposed to pesticides and other hazardous materials. Outside work with regular exposure to outside weather conditions.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift