At Southwestern Family of Companies, our mission is to invest in purpose-driven people who are inspired to build principle-guided businesses that impact the world. We help people develop the skills and character they need to achieve their goals in life. Ultimately, we strive to positively impact the people and communities we serve worldwide. We take this responsibility very seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. The Southwestern Family of Companies is a fast-paced rapidly-growing company so you must be adaptable, flexible, willing and able to handle a lot of change and work quickly.
Our culture is one of traditional values and we believe in the following:
Are you a Sr. Accountant/Assistant Controller looking for advancement in your career? Does it sound intriguing to take a new position and make it your own? If so, this could be your next and final home. The Warehouse Controller is a key member of the warehouse leadership team. They will contribute to all areas of warehouse management and operations to provide strong financial leadership. They are responsible for all accounting functions, as well as ensuring proper internal controls to mitigate risks, analyzing and reporting activity for all internal and external customers, and development of the budget and business planning activities, etc.
· Responsible for all accounting functions at the warehouse in accordance with GAAP.
· Work with staff to analyze and report on daily production activity, including labor usage, etc.
· Work with staff on Billing, A/R, A/P, etc.
· Ensure proper internal controls are in place to safeguard company inventory/assets.
· Post daily/monthly journal entries for billing/AR activities, as well as internal cost allocations as necessary. Also includes monthly accruals and all other monthly journal entries required for a complete and accurate financial position for the operations.
· Responsible to work with the Warehouse Manager to plan and develop the annual budget and multi-year forecasts in alignment with Company policies and procedures.
· Responsible to prepare the monthly financial package, including variance analysis and other statistical reports for warehouse activities. Attend monthly FSR (Financial Statement Review) meetings to communicate variance explanations to management and recommendations for actions needed.
· Ensure accurate inventory counts by performing periodic audits. Also manage the planning, execution and reconciliation of the physical inventory counts.
· Work with each company’s CFO on warehouse/inventory activity analysis and other reporting as needed or requested. Will provide proactive/unsolicited consultation, interpretation and education of complex financial and operational matters to various company leaders used to drive business decisions.
· Implement best practices and develop benchmarks to ensure efficient operations.
· Implement and lead strategic projects for cost saving opportunities and find ways to streamline current processes for maximum efficiencies.
· Responsible to create a vision for the warehouse to improve profits and maintain customer satisfaction though competitive pricing and service levels. This would include competitor and regional research and analysis.
· Responsible to create quotes for new customers and continue to evaluate profit levels and recommend changes as necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in cost accounting in a warehouse/distribution center environment
· Experience in budgeting and forecasting techniques, as well as proficiency with financial statement analysis
· Demonstrates expertise in MS Office and in working with a large-scale financial system such as SAP, Oracle, etc.
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent presentation skills to contribute to senior management meetings
· Advanced problem solving and strong analytical skills combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis to management
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Experience in handling multiple concurrent tasks and meeting strict deadlines
· Must demonstrate the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and character and promote ethical business behavior throughout the organization
We want someone who is committed and excited about being with our company for the long-term. This is not a job fit for someone who is looking for a stepping stone. This is a fit for someone who wants to have an incredible opportunity for advancement and to stick with one team that is growing for the long haul.
You can learn more about us at www.southwestern.com
We can’t wait to talk to you soon!
Job Type: Full-time
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Company's Facebook page: