We are looking for a Senior Software Application Architect with leadership expertise to identify modernized, best practices and work alongside deliver manager, QA and Program manager to work enterprise sized legacy systems and software upgrades.
The environment has turned into a standardized java/Linux and AWS Cloud environment so expertise in Java with AWS is required. Springboot to build out a rest service is also a focal point. Ideal candidate must have had experience designing, architected and implemented large, enterprise sized legacy projects.
- Ability to analyze legacy technology systems and craft a cloud-based application future state. Then create the incremental steps to achieve that vision.
- Ability to identify and articulate sources of customer value from business processes, data & advanced analytics. Ability to create roadmaps and decompose phases and steps to realize value.
- Ability to write high-level agile stories based on customer needs and break them down into actionable technical tasks for contributors
- Experience managing and supporting technical contributors
- Ability to work closely with customer teams and communicate effectively about scope, schedule, resources trade-offs
- Experience creating deliverables that articulate business value of technical work
- Strong background in commercial-grade software development and architecture with Java
- Ability to work with development teams to deliver high-quality software
- Experience with AWS architectures, development, and deployment
- Strong experience with middle-tier web services development (REST APIs preferred)
- Ability to work across all layers (full stack) of an application, from back-end databases through UI
- Experience managing applications in AWS and familiarity with core services including EC2, S3, RDS, etc.
- Proficient with SQL databases and knowledge of standard methodologies
- Some hands-on experience developing advanced analytics in SQL, R, Spark or similar tools
- Some experience with enterprise-scale data warehouse technologies (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Data Warehouse, Vertica, Redshift)
- Working knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Experience with deployment automation tools like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Exposure to networking & load balancing solutions
- Agile / Scrum development methodology
- Excellent documentation habits
Key Focus Areas:
- Front End Application Development (Application Views & Controller)
- REST API design and development
- Domain Entity and Behavior Modeling, Design, and Implementation
- 3rd-party application, service and data integration
- Data Management, Mapping, Translation & Persistence
- Large-scale Data Management & Workflow
- Analytic development and automation
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $150,000.00 to $185,000.00 /year
- AWS: 3 years
- designing, architect and implementation: 2 years
- permanent residency or Citizenship: 1 year
- springboot to build out a rest service: 2 years
- Java: 7 years
- legacy project: 2 years
Required work authorization: