Shelter in Place Range $16-$20 an hour
This position is Health benefits eligible!
The simple act of caring is heroic
The Masonic Homes of California is a continuing care retirement community that also offers social services outside of our campuses. We are committed to a culture of person-centered care that makes a profound difference in the lives of our clients. We call this the Masonic Homes Way, and it is founded upon the pillars of Safety, Personal Connection, Experience, and Efficiency. From our line staff to our leaders, we strive to demonstrate excellence in serving our clients and place value on high quality job performance, professional development, workplace safety and client and employee satisfaction. We are team-oriented, caring and honest. We are dedicated to disciplined innovation and continuous quality improvement and are committed to sharing our knowledge and attracting the best and brightest talent.
The Server position is a temporary position reporting to the Dining Room Manager. The position will be available during the shelter-in-place order and for a short period of time thereafter. Temporary staff will have the opportunity to fill our open regular, full-time and part-time positions.
- Plate daily meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner) per the dietary orders for each resident.
- Delivers trays to residents' apartments as directed, using proper safety protocols.
- Picks up trays after residents' in-apartment dining.
- Organizes the juices, milk, bread, water, and cereal area.
- Organizes serving tools, dinnerware and drinkware
- Prepares the coffee and hot water.
- Clears and cleans all the tables in time for the following meal. Refills condiments and beverages.
- Makes sure the buffet food is fresh, hot, and replenished.
- Ensures that the refrigerator and cabinets are stocked, clean and organized. Also, makes sure the hallway is clear of any boxes or carts.
Maintains confidentiality of appropriate resident care information to assure their rights are protected.
Reports all incidents/accidents, unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment immediately. Follows established safety rules and regulations. Maintains work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner,
- Able to follow oral and written instruction.
- Experience not necessary, on-the-job training will be provided.
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge and abilities to work in food services environment.
At Masonic Homes, we are looking for team members who would like to combine their passion for helping people, good communication skills, decision-making skills, and great ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills, you will be offered:
- A work environment focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you and your family’s well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan
- Investment in your growth through* Tuition Reimbursement*
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour