The State University of New York (SUNY) System Administration, located in Albany, New York, is searching for a Supplier Diversity Program Analyst. With 64 college and university campuses located within 30 miles of every home, school, and business in the state, SUNY is the nation’s largest comprehensive system of public higher education. It serves more than 1.3 million students annually, employs more than 90,000 faculty and staff, and connects more than 3 million alumni around the world.
Reporting to the Director of System-wide Supplier Diversity Program, the candidate will assist with developing and monitoring Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) participation goals and maximizing program compliance. The Supplier Diversity Program Analyst will also refine and manage reporting and tracking systems, as well as prepare required reports. The Supplier Diversity Program Analyst will be responsible for developing and managing MWBE and SDVOB contract participation goals on all projects for the campuses and Auxiliary Service Corporations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education Level required:
- Research, develop (via AXI Software System) and negotiate MWBE and SDVOB participation goals with prime contractors or entities with SUNY contracts;
- Solicit, review and track compliance of MWBE and SDVOB utilization, commitments and workforce participation;
- Ensure data is accurately reflected in tracking systems and databases;
- Manage MWBE and SDVOB utilization for multiple high-profile projects, tracking compliance with NYS Executive Law Articles 15-A and 17-B;
- Review procurement, and contract documents to ensure that applicable MWBE and SDVOB provisions and relevant requirements are accurately included;
- Liaise with contractors and MWBE Program Coordinators to identify legal MWBE, SDVOB and workforce requirements;
- Provide individualized technical assistance to contractors, vendors and MWBE Program Coordinators;
- Present and participate in panel discussions, workshops and other activities at conferences and events;
- Visit contractors and MWBE Program Coordinators at their offices and project sites;
- Research and prepare lists of qualified and State certified MWBE and SDVOB companies and share such information with prime contractors/MWBE Program Coordinators to promote the inclusion of MWBEs and SDVOBs in projects;
- Analyze, recommend and update internal MWBE and SDVOB compliance and business processes;
- Prepare quarterly and annual waiver, contract compliance reports and other procurement reports;
- Provide support to the Director of the System-wide Supplier Diversity Program on MWBE and SDVOB marketing, outreach, compliance and project management oversight;
- Ensure adherence to diversity and best practices and provide the highest standard of customer service to all stakeholders;
- Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly office, interdepartmental and division-wide meetings and/or webinars; and,
- Complete projects, tasks and other duties as assigned by the Director of System-wide Supplier Diversity Program Office.
Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Preferred.
Relevant experience required:
Three years of experience, preferably in a state government, in some combination of MWBE and/or SDVOB, contract administration, regulatory compliance, public administration, and/or construction. Contract compliance and financial auditing experience is preferred.
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and using contract and data management systems.
Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills are required.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online. The Search Committee will begin the review of applications immediately and continue until the position is filled.