Our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. Thank you for your interest in Sargent & Lundy.
Sargent & Lundy is one of the oldest and most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
We are a company of principled professionals guided by core values that have fundamentally shaped our business practices and culture. They provide us with guidance in the day-to-day performance of our work, and adherence to these values is our compass in all business conduct:
Exercise uncompromising integrity and ethics in the conduct of all business
Focus on client satisfaction in all activities
Maintain a highly competent and satisfied staff
Communicate openly and honestly
Our Government Services Division currently has a new opportunity for a Senior National Security Specialist/ Instructor.
The chosen candidate for this position will serve as a Subject Matter Expert and Instructor in the development, execution and assessment of domestic and foreign nuclear and radiological readiness training and exercise programs utilizing seminars, workshops, table top exercises, full scale exercises and evaluation systems.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Serv as a tactical skills instructor / subject matter expert (SME) for Close Quarter Battle (CQB).
- Assist in the development of scenario-based training.
- Provide and perform room clearing examples based on team size, mission and structure.
- Observe trainees and provide coaching and guidance.
- Support efforts to enhance security officer situational awareness in urban environments.
- Assist in the development of exercise scenarios that focus on initial response to an incident through security forces response, emergency response and consequence management.
- Assist in the planning coordination and execution of training centered on response planning, Emergency Center Operations actions, and information collection, analysis and distribution.
- Assist in the development and execution of seminars and workshops centered on incident response procedures
- Assist in the development and execution of table top exercises focused on planning, processes, and identified organizational actions.
- Assist in the development and execution of full scale exercises focused on site security.
- Assist in the conduct of after-action reviews and assessment of the exercises and training events and provide recommendations for improvement and areas to sustain.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- Expertise in security of high value assets including material safeguards, vulnerability assessments, security system design, alarm response, guard force operations and training, and emergency response
- Experience in developing and executing an integrated response readiness exercise program.
- Experience in security readiness, emergency response and consequence management procedures at nuclear power plants, spent fuel storage facilities, and nuclear research facilities.
- Ten years of training and experience with Close Quarters Battle to include current knowledge of the concepts and principles of dynamic room entry and clearing as they relate to CQB.
- Knowledge of chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear (CBRN) threats and mitigation strategies
- Must have attended documented military or law enforcement CQB training.
- Must be able to travel internationally
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.