- The FISMA Technical Writer/Expert will assist with the development and revision of technical security documents including technical manuals, user guides, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other written materials in support of the Client.
- The successful candidate will have strong technical writing skills with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) guidelines and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process.
- This will be a temporary position for approximately 6 months, reports to the Client Office of Director and has the following duties:
- Analyze requirements for assigned writing and editing tasks.
- Develop and edit written deliverables as part of the Federal Information Security Management act (FISMA) and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process.
- Work with technical and managerial staff to review existing policies and procedures; prepare, write and edit technical processes.
- Monitor and keep informed of current applicable Federal security laws, regulations and guidance as they relate to FISMA.
- Create and edit materials that meet industry standards.
- Conduct a quality review of documentation for technical accuracy and clarity.
- Work with Client staff to gather additional information as needed.
- Take notes and summaries as needed, at technical and collaborative meetings.
- Plan, prepare and edit assigned documents.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field of study in computer science or related engineering field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related technical writing and editing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and related Federal regulations and standards.
- Advanced MS Office application skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with strong editing, formatting, and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and present information.
- Ability to accept constructive user feedback and incorporate it into a polished final product
- Experience supporting Director-level staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team.
- Experience working with a team to contribute to the development and revision of resources.
- Ability to organize information in a cohesive manner with strong attention to detail.
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: $62,092.00 - $100,350.00 per year
- Technical Writter: 5 years (Required)
- FISMA Technical Writing: 2 years (Required)
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift