Network Engineering SME
Widelity, Inc. requires a seasoned Network Engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME) who has experience in designing, implementing, and launching state-of-the-art networks in support of new technologies. We are working with industry leading companies looking to expand their technologies in response to plans for improving cost and performance efficiencies in existing network/IT infrastructure and to develop support for future 5G/IoT services. They have begun investing heavily in the networking and cloud space. Widelity has the opportunity to develop the transition strategy and to guide these clients in achieving their objectives.
You will lead a fast-moving Network Engineering practice team responsible for developing cutting edge solutions and products focused on software defined environments. The technical areas of the role will focus on SD-WAN, WAN Optimization and the application of these technologies to improve the delivery of the customer application data across the end-to-end service infrastructure.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work closely with clients to understand their existing network infrastructure in support of their products and services, identify goals & objectives, and develop requirements documents for proposed network evolution.
- Design network systems solutions supporting clients’ goals and requirements.
- Develop the installation/implementation plan for the network systems.
- Oversee the upgrade of existing network components, install and implement new solutions based on the plan.
- Develop related operations requirements and define performance standards & KPIs in support of service availability assurance.
- Develop and oversee operational acceptance testing in support of clients’ requirements.
- Perform periodic audits to ensure networks are operating within defined performance standards.
- Identify & perform troubleshooting and root-cause analyses on service impacting incidents during audits or in response to client service requests.
- SD-WAN (iWAN, Viptela, VeloCloud) design, implementation and migration experience with at least one is required. Experience with SD-WAN technologies (Versa, Riverbed, and Silver Peak) is a plus.
- Network Industry Certification such as CCNP and CCIE is preferred. Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP. Strong knowledge of IP communications and routing is required, (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP) knowledge is required.
- Previous work experience with WAN/LAN and transport technologies (MPLS, Ethernet, ATM, Frame Relay, DMVPN, WAAS) is required.
- Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PfR, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec) is desired.
- Configuration management of networking devices using automation tools (DNA Center, APIC-EM, Cisco Prime) and API scripting with Python and/or Ansible is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with Nexus 7K/5K/2K is a plus as well as other SDN solutions, such as VMWare NSX, and Arista.
- Knowledge or experience F5 load balancing, Palo Alto technologies, Cisco UCS, or Cisco MDS is a plus.
- Related technical management and/or program management experience is a must.
- Excellent written and oral communications is required with proven ability to write requirements evaluations, solutions proposals, and design documents.
- Proven record of successful client support engagements.
- Previous consulting or equivalent client management experience is desired.
- US Citizenship
BS in Network Engineering/ Architecture or equivalent work experience
MS in related technologies is a plus
Residence: Metro Washington DC or metro Dallas, TX area required
Travel: Occasional travel within the United States, some international travel may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
- IP/MPLS Network: 5 years (Required)
- SD-WAN (iWAN, Viptela, VeloCloud) design, implementation and: 2 years (Required)
- Technical Management and/or Program Management: 3 years (Required)