Want to instruct sports activities and referee games for the youth in your community?
Join the Y and teach Youth Sports, get paid to be
active and – of course – have FUN!
Y would I apply?
· FREE Complete Gym Membership
· FREE Workout Classes
· FREE Pool Access
· Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
· Build Your Resume
· Opportunities for Growth
· Community Involvement
· PART TIME Perks
o FREE Family Membership
o Paid Sick Leave
o Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
· Plan, lead and supervise group practices and games
· Keep the space safe at all times
· Keep friendly and fun atmosphere between players, parents, and coaches
· Know and enforce YMCA rules
· Instill teaching of values and skills to the participants while refereeing
· Build great professional relationships with members and families
· Ensure effective communication with parents, colleagues, and participants
· Remain calm to diffuse any potential situations
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
· Must be 18 years or older
· Experience in organized youth sports
· Experience in officiating sports games preferred
· Must be able to relate well to youth, parents, and volunteers
· Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
· Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures
· Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform job related tasks
· CPR and First Aid certified upon hire and must be from one of the following:
o American Red Cross
o American Heart Association
o American Safety & Health Institute
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour