Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Administrative Assistant to perform complex, administrative duties in support of the Engineering, Sciences and Technology functional group. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL. As a valued member of the team, the Administrative Assistant is central to day-to-day office operations and will be welcomed as a valued member of the leadership team.
This position requires the individual to perform advanced administrative duties with exposure to sensitive information necessitating tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment. Strong interpersonal skills and integrity are essential for this position. The ideal candidate will be team oriented and have the ability to work with others collaboratively in a professional and high-energy environment. The candidate will ideally possess agility to adapt to constantly changing demands and demonstrate capability to take on new and unfamiliar tasks. Proficiency at multi-tasking and managing priorities for senior leadership is required. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong skillset as a proactive, self-motivated, well organized, reliable, and detail oriented team member. The successful candidate will have outstanding communication and negotiation abilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include the full range of standard administrative duties to include meeting coordination, document preparation, escorting visitors, as well as both domestic and international travel and expense processing and preparation of briefings.
- Distribute reports, data, and forms to the organization as needed.
- Must work well under pressure, be an independent thinker, and have track record of working in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
- Will be responsible for handling senior manager calendars with precision as well as domestic and international travel plans.
- Must possess strong communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to multi-task and respond quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Work is highly proprietary in nature and an ability to handle information with discretion is critical.
- Answers email, phone calls, and inquiries, routing correspondence to the appropriate person if necessary.
- Uses various PC software packages such as PowerPoint, Excel spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, etc., to produce high quality reports, presentations, or other documents.
- Assisting in maintaining the team's SharePoint sites
- Interacts with Sector, Corporate and external customer high level executives, administrative, and line management personnel to gather or convey relevant information.
- Coordinates with HR, Security, Facilities, and IT, to ensure all business operational requirements are met
H.S. Diploma and 4 years of overall experience.
Minimum 2 years of administration experience supporting senior executives.
Demonstrated use of standard office administrative practices and procedures, including standard office equipment
Must be highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Highly motivated, enthusiastic, able to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities, detail oriented, strong oral and written skills
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
Written communication skills, and demonstrate independent judgment in fast-paced office environment.
Successful candidate will have a strong commitment to ethics and integrity.
- Knowledge of NGC resources, policies, and procedures is desirable
- Experience with Concur (or similar) travel and expense reporting system
- Experience with SharePoint
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.