We welcome applications for this full-time, 10 month position primarily responsible for the instruction of athletes both on and off the court and in the classroom. The position requires directing student-athlete development; ensuring academic success, good citizenship, sportsmanship, and promotion of positive values consistent with the mission of St. Lawrence University.
Other main responsibilities include:
- Recruitment of highly qualified student-athletes
- Program organization; including practice planning, and game preparation
- Ability to supervise, evaluate, and effectively provide direction to one graduate assistant coach
- Management of all phases of a CSA squash program
- Additional responsibilities include a secondary assignment, as well as other duties as assigned
Minimum of three years coaching experience required. Equivalent combination of coaching/teaching experience may be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to recruit diverse, quality student-athletes
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty/staff, University community members and alumni
- Knowledge of all CSA and Liberty League rules & regulations pertaining to men’s and women’s squash
- Must have a philosophy compatible with highly selective academic standards within a Liberal Arts University that supports diversity and inclusivity
Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the requirements to drive a University vehicle required.
- Collegiate coaching experience preferred
Status (FT, PT, Seasonal, Temp) FT Seasonal
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number ST00520
Desired Start Date
Open Date (to accept applications)
Close Date (date applications will not be considered)
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested and qualified candidates please submit a letter of application, resume, and philosophy statement. These documents can be uploaded in the “Applicant Documents” section of your application. Professional reference contact information should be provided in the application form.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Bob Durocher, Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation at email@example.com.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.