MySQL Database Consultant
Remote | Work from Home
Are you a US or Canada based MySQL DBA? Do you want to work remotely from home? Are you community minded? Do you blog, contribute to the Open Source community? Are you inspired by ever-shifting challenges, constant growth and collaboration with a team of peers who push you constantly to up your game? At Pythian, we are actively shaping what it means to be an open-source database engineer and administrator, and we want you to be a part of the world’s largest team of MySQL, Cassandra, and MongoDB professionals.
What will you be doing?
- The Database Consultant (DBC) will, as part of a team based approach, supply complete support for all aspects of database and application infrastructure to a variety of clients, as assigned. Our collaborative MySQL environment means everyone works together to solve complex puzzles and develop innovative solutions for our clients. Cross-functional training in NoSQL, Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps methodologies are encouraged.
What do we need from you?
While we understand you might not have everything on the list, to be successful you are likely to have skills such as;
- The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in installing, configuring and upgrading MySQL databases & MySQL Administration. Debugging skills, MongoDB and Scripting/automation tooling experience is a huge plus.
- Strong ability to work in both a team oriented environment and also under minimal supervision.
- Strong ability to adapt and to learn quickly.
- Good customer service focus with the ability to handle customer expectations and priorities.
- Disciplined in their learning process.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Good analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Very good documentation skills.
- Nice to have - Understanding of current IT service standards such as ITIL.
- Scripting (bash/python) and Ansible experience is a huge plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Contributor to Open Source projects relevant to MySQL, MongoDB or other database or infrastructure software.
What do you get in return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment: Why commute? Work remotely from your home, there’s no daily travel requirement to the office!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: A device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Established in 1997, Pythian is a global IT Data company based in Ottawa, Canada that specializes in designing, implementing, and managing systems that directly contribute to revenue and business success. We help companies adopt disruptive technologies such as advanced analytics, big data, cloud, databases, DevOps and infrastructure management to advance innovation and increase agility. We are focusing on product development leveraging new and exciting technology that will empower our customers through digital transformation. More than just a job we hire people who love what they do!
As a MySQL Database Consultant, you will be part of our Customer Service Delivery team that is entrusted to manage our global client's mission critical systems as well as deploying cutting edge technology from blockchain to serverless and cloud databases, covering all modern data and infrastructure. They deliver first class personalized level of service to our clients across financial, educational, media, retail and many more.
- Pythian is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities.
- Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check
- This role requires both that your place of residence is currently in the USA or Canada and that you are legally eligible to work full time in the USA or Canada. At this time, Pythian is unable to accommodate any requests for relocation or sponsorship of individuals’ VISA / work permit applications.
- No recruitment agencies please
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year
- MySQL: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules