JOB TITLE | Emergency Housing Payment Assistance Intake Coordinator
DEPARTMENT | COVID-19 Crisis Response
REPORTS TO | EHPA Program Manager
FLSA EXEMPTION STATUS | NON-EXEMPT
Founded in 1965, the mission of Project BRAVO is to maximize resources for an improved quality of life for the economically disadvantaged residents of El Paso County. Project BRAVO is a private nonprofit 501 (c)(3) corporation. It is the designated Community Action Agency (CAA) for El Paso County. Project BRAVO is funded by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs through the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) and various other funding sources. Project BRAVO has provided services to approximately 20,000 individuals annually, operates five centers across El Paso, and provides a plethora of resources and programs including: Adult Basic Education, Patient Assistance Program, CARE Program, Utility Assistance, Weatherization & HVAC Repair, First Time Homebuyer Education, Foreclosure Prevention, and Affordable Housing Apartments.
The Emergency Housing Payment Assistance (EHPA) Intake Coordinator, under the supervision of the EHPA Program Manager, will be responsible for the successful coordination and integration of incoming clients into the EHPA program and connecting them to services. This full-time temporary position is directly responsible for day-to-day operations of Project BRAVO’s EHPA program in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Activities include planning and coordinating both the programmatic and operational activities of the program in accordance with the mission and goals of Project BRAVO and the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs. This position will support the intake coordination EHPA applications, assisting clients who have been adversely affected by COVID 19 and are in need of rental and mortgage payment support in response to the coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak. The EHPA Intake Coordinator will be responsible for screening and assessing EHPA applications, obtaining and coordinating required documentation to process EHPA payments, and connecting participants with other agencies for unmet needs, and administrative duties to ensure the compliance with all grant requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Coordinates intake activities to ensure that client applications, EHPA payments, and program outcomes are accomplished within the prescribed time frame, to include timely preparation of all case files, client database entries, and other reporting requirements.
- Provides intake coordination and oversees EHPA application process, incoming applications, and assignments of priority populations.
- Maintains accurate, complete, up-to-date daily documentation in client files and CAP60 database.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state reporting requirements.
- Identifies individuals and/or families that are eligible for the EHPA program and coordinates with
Community Partners to ensure efficient intake processes.
- Communicates available resources and services to clients, and makes referrals to appropriate community agencies in order to meet client needs due to COVID-19.
- Effectively interacts with all Project BRAVO staff to assist clients in receiving the services necessary to facilitate the EHPA Program.
- Monitors and documents the progress of clients, and revises plans and referrals as needed to assist clients in achieving safe housing.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills by resolving issues with the client's case in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties’ as assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Work, Business Administration, or another concentration advanced degree related to the duties and responsibilities of the assigned program preferred.
- Knowledge of social service components, with experience in non-profit organizations, community outreach, intake, and assessment.
- Must be proficient with data entry
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to accurately read, write and speak both English and Spanish.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSES
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and liability automobile insurance. Must be able to utilize a personal vehicle for company business.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $30,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19