If you are a Developer or Operations Engineer with a strong Cloud Computing background and live in the Chicago area - please read on!
Onix is currently seeking an energetic, technology savvy and self motivated individual to fill the role of Cloud Engineer.
The Onix Infrastructure Services Team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s extensive cloud services, along with other exciting cutting edge technologies! As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of how technology is used in the workplace.
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
We have a great culture here at our global headquarters in Lakewood, Ohio, a lively city on the shores of Lake Erie, just a few miles outside of downtown Cleveland. This culture extends beyond our brick-and-mortar HQ into the virtual workplace. A culture where your voice is heard, your hard work is appreciated. As a cloud solutions provider, we firmly believe in remote work and hiring people who live outside of Cleveland, outside of Ohio, and even outside of the United States. (Did we mention we have a Canadian office in Toronto, too?) It’s no big deal. We just hop on a Google Hangout to have our face-to-face meetings and collaborate. So, no matter where you work — at HQ, our Toronto office or from home — we believe cloud computing jobs should foster teamwork, creativity, having fun and making a difference.
What You Will Be Doing?
What You Need for this Position:
- Work with external customers and internal support and build teams to determine how best to leverage tools and techniques involving Infrastructure as Code, Configuration
- Management, Continuous Deployment, and other DevOps techniques to improve delivery quality, speed and experience.
- Partner with SDM, Delivery, and Support teams to find opportunities to reduce manual effort needed to complete deployments.
- Consult on Professional Services Engagements to help our customers design and implement systems that are robust and well suited to their target infrastructure.
- Design and build reusable, repeatable toolsets, components and modules for future use with other clients where possible.
- Travel up to 30% to meet with clients to discuss to work through solution design in-person with key client subject matter experts.
Preferred Skills - Any/All of the following:
- Some Cloud Experience - GCP / AWS / Azure / OpenStack - Multiple Preferred!!!
- Proficiency with one or multiple development languages eg: Python, Node, Ruby, Java, Go
- Scripting & Infrastructure automation skills - Python, Powershell, Bash, ZSH, etc.
- Configuration Management / System Automation - Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Config Engine, Vagrant, etc
- Infrastructure provisioning (Terraform, CloudFormation, Cloud Foundry, others…)
- Containers & Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Helm)
- Understanding of Application deployment/configuration processes
- Strong Systems Architecture background - Infrastructure, OS - Windows/Linux/others, Networking, Data Storage, Backup, DR Solutions, etc
- Multiple Cloud Providers / Private Cloud eg: GCP / AWS / Azure / OpenStack
- Configuration Management Engines eg: Ansible / Puppet / Chef / SaltStack / CfgEngine
- Containerization Solutions eg: Kubernetes / Docker / LXC
- CI Systems eg: Jenkins / Bamboo
- Professional Development Background
- Understanding of Agile / SCRUM / other modern project management methodologies
- Understanding of ITIL / Change Management
What's In It for You
- Great Work Atmosphere - Established company that feels like a startup!
- Engineer World Class Solutions
- “Play” with the coolest tech at work each day!
If you are passionate about joining a team that will transform healthcare, meet the requirements above, and desire an exciting career with a growing, dynamic organization, this position is for you.
It is the policy of Onix to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with with the Ohio Revised Code 125.111 and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), military status, or veteran status is illegal.
Onix will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.