SolAero Technologies Corp. is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of highly –efficient radiation-hard solar cells, Coverglass Interconnected Cells (CICs), and solar panels for space power applications. Since 2001, SolAero solar cells or panels have supplied primary power to over 170 successful space missions with zero on-orbit failures. The Company’s proven manufacturing capability, technology leadership and unsurpassed reliability make SolAero the supplier of choice for demanding space programs.
SolAero Technologies Corp. has an immediate need for a Principal Investigator/Engineer with experience to assist in a full-time position.
The Principal Investigator is responsible for bidding, winning and executing research and development programs that advance the component and subsystem technologies related to solar power and advanced composite structures. This position is responsible for all essential technical and programmatic functions, including those needed for the transition of developmental technology into flight qualified production products.
Essential Job Duties:
- Acts as a program manager for R&D and pilot production programs, managing the cost, schedule, and technical execution from inception to completion.
- Responsibility for technical functions includes: performance of tradeoffs and conceptual designs, defining and monitoring the work of support engineering design and analysis personnel, defining and monitoring demonstration hardware builds and testing, and preparing technical documentation.
- Responsibility for programmatic functions includes estimation of the scope of effort and associated proposal preparation, preparation of a program plan including the project schedule and budgets, assessing program risks and implementing appropriate risk mitigations, serving as the primary contact to the customer, preparing and leading customer briefings, and developing follow-on business opportunities.
- Responsible for conducting advanced development of technologies that support strategic efforts in new product development
- Manages program cost, schedule, and technical requirements in compliance with company standards to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Serve as the primary focal point for customers and for establishing a rapport of trust and understanding.
- Work with customers to determine needs, requirements, and solutions for new research and development opportunities including pursuit team leadership and management.
- Ensure all resources such as engineering, manpower, facilities, equipment, tools, etc. are available for successful program execution.
- Develop and oversee methods to monitor and control program performance against cost, schedule, and quality including defining program metrics.
- Develop and present executive briefings on programs and new business opportunities and solutions.
- Participates as a company representative at conferences and in technical trade organizations such as the AIAA.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of spacecraft power components and subsystems, and the role of composite materials in them.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software, such as MSOffice.
- Familiarity with research and development techniques such as monte-carlo simulation or other modeling, design of an experiment, qualification testing and traceability, and performance and environmental durability test approaches.
- Ability to set up, manage and execute applied research programs developing components and subsystems, and transitioning the technology into practical producible products.
- Strong history of effective leadership through communication, both written and verbal.
- Capable of motivating, inspiring, and rewarding individuals and teams.
- Successful track record of managing complex programs and meeting all program objectives including cost, schedule, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in leading and managing pursuits and proposals for large, complex programs.
- Proven ability to work effectively with customers, large prime contractors, suppliers, business partners, in addition to company senior management.
- Ability to write clear technical reports, and present technical presentations and marketing presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead proposal development effort including the selection of team members, selection of sub-contractors, and management of sub-contractors on proposal development.
- Education Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, material science or aerospace) or physics)
- 5 years relevant experience as a Program Manager/Project Manager combined with Project Engineer or Design/Analysis Engineer or 7 years experience as a Design or Analysis Engineer for spacecraft programs involving advanced solar photovoltaic panels, lightweight optics, thermal control components or advanced composite structures.
- Due to government contracts, candidates must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE UPLOAD A RESUME IN ADDITION TO APPLYING FOR THE POSITION. THANK YOU!
Job Type: Full-time
- Program Management/engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules