Primarily responsible for helping supervise an individual location which sources, stocks, sells, and delivers auto parts to local installers and other potential sellers of auto parts. Assist the store manager with meeting the stores sales and GP goals. Also, help the manager with all functions of store operations, which include personnel, credit, paperwork, payroll, deliveries, pricing, shipping and receiving, customer service, warehousing and distribution, security and safety, and maintenance. Supervise team of Drivers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strive to exceed store sales and GP expectations
- Maximize sales potential through identifying new ways to drive sales
- Ensure that service standards are high and that complaints are quickly resolved
- Continually train and coach store personnel thru both positive reinforcement and constructive criticism
- Maintain proper inventory levels through ordering, returns and proper analysis
- Ensure timely deliveries thru dispatching and use of two-way radios
- Make sure customers are receiving credit copies of returns
- Make sure all vendor returns are done correctly and returned properly
- Ensure inventory integrity and minimize shrinkage
- Assist corporate departments with any questions or concerns they may have
- Set both long term as well as short term goals for the store and employees.
- Make sure sales playbook is being used/ call lists
- Visit 15 customers on a monthly basis, follow up and take care of any concerns they may have
- Constantly keep vehicles in good shape and promote safety to all drivers
- Constantly communicate with team members and encourage smooth communication flow between all employees and company departments
- Openly support and enforce all company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Learn the manager’s position in order to be able to cover in his absence and to allow personal growth
- Inspire teamwork and lead by example
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the automotive industry, or a comparable combination of training, education and experience.
- Must be at least 21 years old, licensed for at least 3 years; and have an acceptable driving record
- Managerial skills, including the experience in, and ability to, coach, motivate, and develop employees.
- Ambitious, results driven, highly energetic, goal-oriented, and self- motivated
- A team player with the ability to work, and succeed, in a multi-task and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate managerial skills. Ambitious, results driven, highly energetic, goal oriented, self-motivated who can also motivate others, have a positive team-player attitude. Ability to work in a multi-tasking and fast paced environment.
- Excellent selling skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to make decisions and resolve problems.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Bilingual a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.75 - $28.25 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pittsfield, MA 01201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person