**This recruitment will be limited to the first 400 completed employment applications. When that number is received, we will update the job posting to indicate that only internal applications will be accepted. The job posting will remain open for Southwest Gas employees only.**
Training Information: Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM starting July 30, 2018 until September 24, 2018.
No time off will be granted during the training. Please ensure you are able to commit to the mandatory training before applying.
Perform routine customer contact and/or customer account-related functions, including interpreting, analyzing and resolving customer inquiries, billing and/or credit issues by telephone, in person, through written communications, reporting, and/or notification from internal/external sources.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT) under Title 49 CFR Part 382 and Part 40. Any applicant/employee who performs a DOT covered function or is licensed and would operate a commercial vehicle for the Company will be subject to drug and alcohol testing under the Company’s DOT drug and alcohol testing programs. Any employment, transfer, or promotion offer made for this position is contingent upon taking and passing a drug test prior to the commencement of the new role. If an applicant/employee fails the drug test, any offer of employment, transfer, or promotion will be revoked.
- Perform customer contact (internal/external) and/or customer account-related responsibilities by telephone, in person and/or in writing, reporting, and/or notification from internal/external sources
- Provide information, research accounts, respond to and/or resolve billing/rate inquiries and discrepancies, schedule orders to establish and disconnect service, make payment arrangements, perform credit, collection, and billing functions, handle illegal usage accounts, perform cashiering and accurately prepare bank deposits
- Accurately and efficiently analyze, process and handle gas related emergency situations within company procedures, state and federal regulations
- Analyze and resolve routine situations, customer concerns and/or customer account discrepancies while simultaneously exercising good judgment, applying experience and knowledge
- May perform dispatching duties
- Use comprehensive knowledge of other departments to perform district-related functions, when applicable
- Multi-task in an environment with fluctuating workload, working independently or as a member of a team interfacing with customers, co-workers, supervisors and other department personnel
- Interpret, follow and apply all Tariffs, company rules/policies, standard practices
- May provide training and share knowledge with department employees as required
- Moderate to heavy use of multiple computer systems/applications simultaneously and accurately
- Complete assigned duties accurately and efficiently while adhering to production and quality standards
- Consistently demonstrate a level of excellence in customer service skills including tact and diplomacy when interacting with customers, peers and management
- Regular and predictable attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job
Must be available to work overtime.
Must be able to be contacted and respond for emergency duty.
Must be able to respond to base location or emergency site.
Must be available to perform shift work, staggered workweek, including recognized holidays.
May be required to possess a valid driver’s license and/or other special licenses/certifications.
Must be able to work or attend training in another location, district or department.
Must successfully complete all aspects of required training within company standards.
Meet and maintain the physical requirements of the position.
Must comply with company rules of general conduct, company policies and procedures.
Previous experience in a customer service, administrative or professional environment required. Proficiencies in computer, business, math, and business communications, problem-solving and organizational skills required. Must meet Company established keyboarding and skills standards for position. Successful completion of Company required training.
$17.42 - $22.94
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed