Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The position will be focused on implementation of Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) and assisting with technical accounting for new and unusual transactions. The Manager will also assist with developing and implementing accounting policies; preparing technical accounting memos, developing relevant accounting checklists to streamline accounting processes related to revenue, leases, and identifying other areas for process improvements. The Manager will initially have a strong focus on ASC 606 (Revenue from Contracts with Customers) implementation in order to mature new processes.
- Develop a framework for implementation of new Accounting Standards Updates including a timeline for implementation, and the relevant SOX compliance controls
- Support the external audit procedures associated with resolution of critical accounting issues
- Preparation of accounting position papers and memos
- Assist with facilitating internal training across accounting and business operations organizations to promote the importance of staying compliant with technical accounting matters
- Actively collaborate with the external financial reporting team to ensure the SEC filings are compliant from a technical accounting standpoint
- Support the month-end close process, internal and external audits as needed
BA/BS with 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility. Incumbent has specialized knowledge in at least one area of expertise and a general knowledge in 1-2 other areas.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university and minimum 6-8 years of experience in technical accounting, specifically in one or more of the following: Revenue Recognition, Accounting for Leases, EAC (Estimate At Completion), Restructuring, Fair Value concepts
Will consider candidates with less than 4 years of supervisory experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Prior corporate accounting experience, experience in the government contracting industry, and/or public accounting firm.
- Experience working in companies involved with mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transaction and/or SEC registrants is a plus
- CPA certification is required
- A self-starter with a strong ability to maintain focus, direction, ability to “cut through the noise” of irrelevant information and bring projects to completion
- Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills; a hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)