Work closely with the General Manager in establishing and monitoring policies and guidelines in the day to day operation of the hotel to ensure profitability and consistency. Solve problems of detail that come up in the course of the work.
Perform key duties including:
reading and writing reports, orally communicating with guests, managers, employees, corporate office, local associations, etc. Critically review reports of occupancy, revenue etc. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits while maintaining quality and guest satisfaction. Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc.
Interview, hire, develop, supervise and counsel department managers and other staff in the efficient operation of their respective area(s), per HVMG policies and procedures. Meet with, develop and delegate improvement plans for the operation. Ensure that associate engagement is a strategic priority in all areas. Review the performance of the management team. Meeting all franchise requirements .
Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, properly condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with employees and customers.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the Hotel.
- Conduct room and grounds inspection on weekly basis. Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implement measures to correct those deficiencies
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skill and ability and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, and control.
- Must be able to operate PMS & POS systems at the hotel
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with management and staff effectively, clearly and concisely. Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, clear and understandable in order to formulate complex reports and communicate with the public, staff, corporate offices, and owners.
- Ability to remain stationary and concentrate on tasks for long periods of time.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to operate office equipment, e.g.: Computer, photocopier, fax machines, etc.
- Ability to move throughout premises and visually inspect conditions including bending, stooping and reaching arms overhead.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Health Insurance
- Dental & visual coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation and sick days after one year of employment
- Hilton Discounts nationwide