Full-timeEstimated: $53,000 - $71,000 a year
- Public relations
- Social media management
- Project management
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
Design and implement effective media relations, talent publicity, and brand storytelling that showcase Spectacor Gaming as a premier entertainment destination for gamers. Responsible for the creation of earned media content that promotes the network and its mission to celebrate, unite and inspire gaming’s passionate communities.
- Work closely with Communications, Marketing and Content leaders to manage internal/external communications and press efforts for network programming and talent.
- Conceptualize, craft and pitch stories to national and local media to generate maximum, positive publicity.
- Help create and execute strategic PR plans for network programming and talent, including research, building media lists and pitching and coordinating interviews for talent and producers.
- Generate press materials including news releases, bios, media alerts, programming announcements, pitch letters and talking points.
- Cultivate positive relationships with talent, content team and executives.
- Coordinate and supervise various media requests to support publicity efforts including interviews, on-set visits and photo shoots.
- Create and manage speaking opportunities for talent and executives.
- Manage the awards entry process for industry events.
- Leverage opportunities within the evolving media landscape to tell engaging stories that promote the network’s promise and champion our employees.
- Develop and deliver new ideas for stories, press materials and events, ensuring coordination and consistency with desired organizational image and fostering opportunities for increased revenue.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local, regional, national, and industry media partners, news outlets, personalities, producers, and influencers.
- Assist in the daily monitoring of media stories and placements.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, or comparable discipline.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in public relations, marketing communications, social media or related field preferred.
- Superior written communications skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with social media content and monitoring growth analytics.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Passion for video games, knowledge of the entertainment and esports industries a plus.
- A solution-oriented mindset, positivity, optimism and high energy.
- Proven experience in developing strategic, consistent and creative messaging.
- Solid understanding of the digital and social media landscape, industry trends and key players.
- Proven collaborator with ability to work independently as well as within cross-functional groups.
- Comfort and familiarity with a fast-paced environment.
- History of building strong relationships with reporters and key influencers.
- Highly organized, high-energy, with excellent project management skills.
- An ability to anticipate needs around internal and external messaging.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.