Environmental Engineer/Scientist/Geologist (Entry Level) - ATL00040
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Our Duluth, GA office has an excellent opportunity for a Entry-Level Environmental Engineer/Scientist/Geologist. In this role we are seeking some with strong technical knowledge and attention to detail.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting mid- and senior-level managers both in the office and in the field on projects involving contaminated site assessments, remediation efforts, and environmental compliance.
- Planning and implementation of environmental field work such as monitoring well installation, groundwater monitoring, remediation system operation & maintenance, various remedial action approaches, and oversight of contractors and field staff
- Completing field data collection and documentation for environmental sampling efforts.
- Prepare routine correspondence and peer reviewed reports such as data reports, standardized documents and work plans that include data compilation, reduction, interpretation, evaluation/comparison to environmental regulatory standards
- Assisting with the development of environmental project health and safety documents, environmental reports, client proposals, vendor safety approvals, purchase orders, budget estimates, and invoicing.
- Potentially assist environmental-related emergency response field efforts
- B.S. degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology or a related field of study
- 0 to 2 years of relevant environmental experience
- Self-starter, flexible team player, willing/able to work on a wide variety of tasks and project types with varying levels of responsibility
- Experience in coordinating and simultaneously managing multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail in a consulting environment is preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout GA, SC, and NC to undertake field work is required (estimate 50-75% of the time)
- Ability to effectively communicate with other technical professionals, clients, and regulatory officials both verbally and in writing is a must
- The ability to attain, or already have OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER certification
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
To apply please attach your resume and covering letter via the link below.