Field Service Technician - MPD
Requisition ID: 1705572
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the setup, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the NOV MPD Control Systems for onsite MPD applications. The person selected for this position will be expected to rig in the control system along with any sensors required to provide data for the operations as well as access and use data from existing sources.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND RELATIONSHIPS:
1. Ensure full compliance with NOV and customer’s HSE policies.
2. Install and operate the MPD Control System on rigs.
3. Understand some technical aspects of the MPD activities during the project
4. Provide project support and technical advice to client, drilling contractor and MPD operational personnel via the Well Site Supervisor (WSS).
5. Assist with the development of the end of well report (EOWR)
6. Develop event graphs on regular basis or on customer demand.
· Ensure the compliance of, and the implementation, of all Q&HSE procedures during the operational project activity.
· Calibrate, document, troubleshoot, and repair/replace instrumentation for systems that measure and control level, temperature, pressure, flow, and other process variables.
· Assist with rig up and rig down of equipment on each well under the guidance of the WSS.
· Develop a systematic approach to troubleshooting and assist where needed.
· Maintain a constant support of the drilling operation.
· Perform maintenance and system checks on the MPD equipment.
· Monitor the operation of the choke manifold and supporting equipment, and to operate system components under the strict guidance of the WSS.
PRIMARY SKILLS REQUIRMENT:
The main roles, include, but are not limited to the following:
· Calibration, Maintenance, Repair, Troubleshooting Project Start-up
· Operation of MPD System components
· Experienced mechanical and electrical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
· Understanding of the MPD Choke Control Software
· Basic understanding of setting up and operating the various MPD Applications.
· Operate multi-meters and signal generators needed to setup and calibrate instrumentation.
· Software skills: MS Office.
- Associates Degree in related subject (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical)
- Will accept 2-4 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas Industry or industry with related exposure such as 4 years Military experience as substitute for Associates Degree.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas Industry with a minimum of 1 year related to MPD/UBD/PMCD operations.
- Technical Competency with MPD Operations and Equipment.
- Good understanding of Risk Assessment and Mitigation process.
The candidate must be capable of climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, working in a confined space and from elevated platforms, and able to wear appropriate protective equipment. Position requires working extended hours during an expanded period of time and capable of providing overtime coverage as required.
This is primarily a field position and requires worldwide travel on short notice.
There is no set rotation and individuals can expect to be in the field in excess of 30 days at a time. This position requires shift work with a typical shift length of 12 hours, however, including change-over between shifts and attending required meetings, the average day may be 14 hours.
If a problem with the MPD system occurs when employee is off shift he/she will be called upon to assist with troubleshooting and repair of the problem. Projects involving MPD are multimillion dollar ventures and down time or equipment malfunction can produce a highly stressful situation.
Shift: Day Job