Responsible for performing day-to-day activities of the imaging department, including ultrasound related procedures. Perform a wide variety of technical procedures with quality patient care, assisting Physicians as needed. Communicate findings to Radiologists as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates skill in the use of sensitive ultrasonography equipment to obtain accurate and meaningful results. Obtain patient’s history and show correlation of the clinical history with the test performed. Communicates effectively with radiologists the results of ultrasound exams.
- Obtains the highest quality images possible, assuring the anatomical area of interest is captured on image as completely as possible.
- Practices sterile and isolation techniques resulting in the prevention of cross-contamination and infection. Maintains cleanliness and disinfects equipment, supplies and rooms as needed
- With the assistance of the radiologists, develop, implement, and communicate ultrasonography techniques with all Ultrasound Technologists.
- Facilitates referring physicians’ requests.
- Maintains a high quality of patient care.
- Ensures the patient flow within the department is constant and organized.
- Communicates in a positive and timely manner with co-workers, physicians, patients, and visitors.
- Demonstrates skills in the proficient use of PACS and RIS.
- Maintains equipment calibration by performing quality control tests according to established procedures and frequency schedule.
- Maintains equipment and orders supplies when needed.
- Assists in training new mammographers, as needed.
- Adheres to departmental Policy, Procedures, and guidelines. (E.g. dress code, standard precautions)
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Perform other job related duties, as assigned.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within prescribed exam times.
- Must possess the understanding of the functionality of medical office operations, desired patient through-put while providing optimal patient care, and consideration for patient’s circumstances, preferably in outpatient radiology.
- Ability to perform the identified essential functions of the position including the operation of any equipment associated with performing the essential functions.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position without posing a direct threat to him/herself, others or property.
- Ability to adhere to San Diego Imaging’s personnel policies and practices including attendance and punctuality requirements.
- Complies with all applicable policies, rules and regulations as outlined by SDI, State and Federal regulations including compliance with HIPAA privacy and security.
- Ability to maintain a calm and courteous demeanor and conduct business in a professional manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited ultrasound program.
- Must possess and maintain ARDMS certification or be eligible for ARDMS certification. If eligible, must pass and posses certification within 120 days of employment.
- 2-4 years’ experience with the following exam types preferred:
- Breast (targeted) and US guided breast biopsies
- Small Parts
- Experience in outpatient Radiology office preferred.
- Ability to sit for 6 to 8 hours, daily.
- Ability to correctly use the ultrasonography equipment and transducers.
- Ability to periodically bend, stoop or reach to organize and obtain objects.
- Ability to distinguish telephone ring and caller’s voice, hear and speak over a telephone and in person.
- Ability to speak clearly and be comprehensible.
- Ability to write or record information legibly.
- Visual acuity.
- Ability to keyboard and type accurately.
- Ability to position patients.
Job Type: Temporary
- Small Parts and Venous/DVT: 2 years (Required)
- OB, Abdomen/Pelvis and Breast (Targeted): 2 years (Required)
- Ultrasound: 2 years (Required)
- outpatient Radiology office: 2 years (Preferred)
- ARDMS Certification (Required)