The Neil Jones Food Company is looking for Lab Technicians at our Northwest packing facility in Vancouver, WA. The Neil Jones Food Company processes superior quality, fresh packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, NJFC has been providing our nation’s discerning foodservice, retail, industrial and institutional customers the finest quality canned and pouched products for over 35 years. NJFC operates three production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
Responsible for the grading of cooked and uncooked products and containers in accordance with proper procedures; recording, checking and retrieval of QA information. This is a part-time position early November to mid-August, based on production, and full-time late August to early November.
- Evaluates finished product quality by performing laboratory analyses on samples and related work associated with monitoring and sampling; tests and inspects
various stages of production.
- Accurately reports and records test results to include daily report distribution and/or data input into Q.C. computer data-base.
- Maintains all required QA analysis documentation.
- Notifies lab supervisors, production managers and/or maintenance mechanic of any deviations of quality or non-quality factors.
- Requires the ability to conduct basic math calculations.
- Requires the aptitude to understand and carry out instructions in written and oral form.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate work with co-workers.
- Requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment and problem solve with variables in standardized situations.
- Requires the ability to stand, walk, and climb stairs.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, and other protected status under applicable law.