Human Resources Coordinator
Senior Human Resources Manager
Fort Myer, VA
Part-time, Non-exempt position - 15 to 18 hours per week. This is an ongoing position, 3 days per week, 5 - 6 hours per work day
Thank you for your interest in working with USO-Metro! To apply, please visit https://uso.bamboohr.com/jobs. Local applicants only; this position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
The HR Coordinator is an organized, energetic, personable, and dependable professional whose role is to regularly interact with employees and potential employees while providing expert advice and assistance with day to day human resources tasks. She or he is responsible for managing some of the administrative functions of the human resources office and assisting with employee recruiting, engagement, and orientation. The Coordinator works 3 days per week in a shared office environment.
HRIS and Employee Data
- Manage employee files, both soft and hard copy: enter and update employee data in Bamboo HR (HRIS) and Paychex Stratus (timekeeping system); create and maintain personnel files; create and maintain recruiting folders for each open position.
- Schedule phone screens and interviews with candidates. Screen resumes and conduct some phone screens. Greet candidates and help to ensure a positive recruiting experience. Collect candidate evaluation forms from interviewing managers; review for completion and accuracy. Prepare offer letters and initiate background checks.
- Assist with management of the intern program, including summer, fall, spring, and annual interns. Responsibilities include editing job descriptions, posting internships, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, meeting with current interns, and surveying exiting interns.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to build more robust content in the Careers section of the organization’s website.
- Prepare orientation packets and, in collaboration with the HR Manager, conduct first day orientation.
- Survey new employees and obtain feedback on orientation and the first 90 days. Submit recommendations for an improved new employee experience.
- Schedule, plan and organize the bimonthly “rookie roadshow.”
- Enter benefit elections in Bamboo HR.
- Ensure timely submission of benefit elections to broker for processing.
- During annual open enrollment, assist with entire process: employee communication, enrollment, confirmation, and payroll deductions.
- Design and distribute monthly reports that provide useful HR metrics
- Assist with administration of the employee opinion survey and other annual or periodic processes including: performance reviews, merit increases, and employee training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 1 year of Continuing Education through college, professional seminars, or other certified instruction.
Required Prior Experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a human resources or administrative office, providing support in most, if not all of the following areas: personnel files or records management; employee recruiting; employee orientation and/or onboarding; preparing and formatting weekly reports; data entry and data proofing; benefits administration; timecard entry and approval.
Skills and Abilities
- Superior verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact well and build positive relationships with potential and existing employees and community partners. Comfort with public speaking is a plus.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills with the ability to write professional emails, employee announcements, and instructional procedures.
- Highly organized, flexible and self-motivated with the ability to remain calm in hectic or uncomfortable situations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Comfortable working with and serving as subject matter expert for human resources software tools including timekeeping systems, HRIS, applicant tracking system, and or Learning Management System.
- Must be a solid team player with an optimistic attitude and positive influence on our organizational culture.
- Ability to discern what information is proprietary, sensitive, or confidential, and then employ sufficient measures to protect confidentiality.
- Results-oriented with attention to detail. Must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must have and maintain a safe driving and criminal record.
USO-Metro offers a generous benefits package to full-time employees that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, paid time off, and upon completion of eligibility dates, a company 401(k) and tuition assistance.