Pivvot™ is a software company that delivers intelligent asset management systems to infrastructure organizations. Our data-driven, cloud-based platform securely connects people, information and technology. From siting and engineering, through long-term operations, we pivot our clients from guessing to knowing. We are seeking an experienced CFO for our growing Software-as-a-Service company.
The CFO will lead the finance, accounting and business operations teams, providing strategic leadership in all aspects of financial and contracts management. He/She will be responsible for all financial functions; strategic planning and analysis; cash flow management; financial control; and treasury. This is an exciting time to join Pivvot™ as we build out our platform and continue dominating our position as the leader in technology for infrastructure asset companies.This role will be based in Kansas City, Missouri.
***Our ideal candidate will be an operationally oriented strategic thinker who has worked in a CFO capacity directly for a Software as a Service company. We are not looking for someone who has worked on SaaS products, we are looking for someone who has worked directly for a SaaS company.***
- Strategic partner and financial advisor to the President, the Board, and Pivvot's Executive team; providing insight, driving key strategies and decisions that maximize company value.
- Highly effective at making decisions at both the company and department level, balancing data, insights and experience. Operates as a collaborative partner with the executive team in planning, refining, and implementing corporate growth strategies and policies. Highly visible internally and externally, inspiring employees and the market.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
- Management of organizational cash flow and cash flow forecasting;
- Present financial results to the Board of Directors with a narrative on results, variances to plan, trends and key metrics;
- Oversight and leadership of annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the President; administration and review of all financial plans and budgets; monitoring of progress and changes to keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization's financial status;
- Support the annual audit process;
- Active participation in influencing company direction, growth, strategic planning, product development, acquisition integration and financial forecasting as a member of the senior management team;
- Works collaboratively with Chief Commercial Officer and President on setting commercial strategies and translating those into sound financial management and reporting;
- Responsible for all financial and accounting functions including policy development and implementation and financial system development and management;
- Development and management of internal financial controls;
- Define standards, policies, procedures, measures and organizational enhancements to meet company goals for finance;
- Oversee and optimize financial reporting to management and other stakeholders to ensure transparency and to inform decision making throughout the company;
- Oversees contracts management to clients and suppliers
- Our ideal candidate will be an operationally oriented strategic thinker who has worked in a CFO capacity directly for a Software as a Service company. The candidate should have experience with tax and accounting practices, M&A transactions and traditional as well as SaaS accounting standards. The candidate should be a player/coach with a "roll-up-your-sleeves" style. As our ideal candidate, you will also have the following:
- 10+ years of experience leading the finance function of an organization;
- BS in Accounting or Finance (MBA and CPA preferred);
- Software experience is required. Deep understanding of SaaS a plus.
- Ideal candidate has experience scaling a from the early to mid-stage of growth. Ability to navigate successfully within a small, entrepreneurial culture is required.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with members of the Board on corporate strategy and policy decisions.
- The ability to interpret strategic and operational business requirements, to provide appropriate expert advice and financial planning counsel and effectively influence and communicate.
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination;
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus;
- Strong leadership skills marked by a collaborative team orientation;
- Ability to motivate team members at all levels to cultivate a dynamic and highly productive work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- SaaS Company: 5 years (Required)
- CFO: 10 years (Preferred)