We have an immediate opening for the right auto technician/mechanic. We are a full-service auto repair shop that works on mostly Asian (Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and etc) and do anything from oil changes to engine, transmission swap, and engine repairs. We repair every system of a vehicle such as ABS/traction control, A/C, steering and suspension, brakes, engines, transmissions, etc.
We have been in business since 1995 and are rapidly growing. We have a loyal customer base and a reputation for our honesty and integrity. We repair the vehicle correctly the first time, every time! We treat our customers like family, and expect our technicians to do the same.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in auto repair and must be able to perform diagnosis of all automotive systems, proficiency with a scanner a must.
* Must know how to use shop equipment and tools such as brake lathe, shop press, spring compressor, ball joint tools, etc.
* Ability to repair all types of automotive systems including engine and transmission replacements, A/C, ABS, suspension, etc.
* Ability to perform multi-point vehicle inspections and give honest assessments of repairs needed to vehicles
* Must have driver license with clean driving record
* Punctual and Professional
* Maintain a clean work area and shop environment
* Hard worker and team player
* Looking for stable, long-term employment
* Treat everyone with respect and like family!
Why work at Garrard's Japanese Automotive?
Very Clean and Professionally Run Business
5 day work week, no weekends
Paid major holidays!
Bonuses based on shop performance
You're treated like family.
Pay will be based on ability and experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Mechanic: 5 years (Required)
- Auto Technician: 5 years (Required)
- Buford, GA 30518 (Required)
- Mechanic experience
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Front counter work with customers, including payment collection
- Keep shop equipment operating (maintain, troubleshoot, repair, etc.)
- Drive manual transmission vehicles
- Only full-time employees eligible