Canopy Growth has already pushed the industry forward in Canada, and now we’re looking to do the same in the United States. Our mission to be the No. 1 hemp company in the U.S. means we need incredible people to join us and help break down barriers.
With millions of square feet of licensed production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth is the largest legal producer of hemp in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index.
Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth. We are excited to be expanding to the United States, and want to continue hiring a diverse group of people in our American offices.
The VP of Operations will provide insight and expertise setting up short term and long term supply chain logistics and procurement and building infrastructure with regard to supply, demand, logistics, and all site manufacturing operations across eight states. This individual will use their entrepreneurial and senior operational & business knowledge to ensure our locations in the United States are supported and operating accordingly. The key to success in this role will be the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across culturally diverse teams and drive forward operational effectiveness and innovation aligned with Canopy’s corporate vision and objectives. A major goal is the seamless operations across our global production sites.
- Manage US production sites and implement supply chain best practices at different manufacturing sites, across several different product lines and supply planning through numerous partners
- Establish best practices for quality and compliance
- Lead the RFP /RFQ processes for global contracts in warehousing, transportation, distribution and procurement and establish a uniform material planning system
- Coach, lead and mentor direct reports within the overall operations department
- Develop, implement and lead S&OP process to feed into global supply volumes and P&L
- Report on the value-add and the operating costs on the global spend
- Partners closely with site leadership to align production schedules with supply planning to oversee the analysis of volume and impacts on process effectiveness
- Drive significant improvement in order delivery times
- Accountable for the financial control position for supply chain such as reporting, labour, operating costs, maintenance and inventory control
- Ensure aged inventory levels as actively managed
- Leads cross functional projects and teams globally and collaborating with other functions (IT, Retail, Finance, Planning) to execute initiatives
- Ensure the execution of team deliverables and adapt team priorities based on changing needs
- Identify Contract Manufacturers and Producers
- Manage and Optimize Logistics and Freight
- Lead cost optimization projects including raw material sourcing and packaging
- Work closely with all facets of supply chain, including cultivation and manufacturing to understand average forecasted yields by cultivar and sourcing & procurement to make sure materials are scheduled to arrive in time for production
- Build tools that account for demand, capacity, utilization, & raw material availability to drive
- Develop KPI's to track the health and accuracy of the Production Planning function. Distribute weekly executive view report
- Build and adhere to department budgets
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all design and decision-making processes
- Embrace and seek out technology that creates high tech and high touch solutions for patients and customers
- Challenge the status quo by consistently identifying areas for improvement, diagnosing issues and working to resolve them
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or business or equivalent experience.
- 7-10+ years’ experience leading a global network of manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, transportation and procurement experience preferably within the greenhouse operations, agricultural biotechnology, pharmaceutical, food, or beverage industries.
- Established success in implementing systems, best practices across 8 states is highly preferred from the manufacturing sector
- Knowledge of health & safety policies and processes
- Deep proven ability to improve supply chain operations and drive significant quality, delivery and cost improvements
- Demonstrated experience of executing business plans to ensure deliverables are met
- Ability to set targets and design plans to achieve them
- Proven Team building and leadership skills in order to enable the team to exceed key performance metrics and motivate and engage the team
- Multiple language skills on a global platform may be helpful.
This is a full-time position based out of Denver, CO.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.