Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and established guest service and sustainability standards.
**Potential Career Path**
Lead Cook – Sous Chef – Assistant to the Head Chef
**Essential Job Functions**
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards.
- Begin food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over-prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate per Hersha Hospitality standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set-up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover and date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, and control food waste, loss and usage per Hersha Hospitality standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen tools and equipment.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of related experience.
**Work Environment and Context**
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
**Hersha Hospitality Management (HHM)** is an industry-leading and growing hotel management, investment, and development firm that provides turn-key management solutions to hotels across the United States. HHM manages world class brands in the select service and full service markets as well as a collection of independent, boutique hotels in key markets.
**Join the Legacy of Strength!**
Hersha’s legacy is built upon a strong foundation of core values: honesty, communication, community, personal growth and achievement. Hersha’s rapid growth, focus on associate development and its commitment to serve our guests, our associates and the local communities we work in, combine to make Hersha associates the strongest in our industry.
**Serve. Stretch. Succeed.**
Hersha believes if you serve our guests, your fellow associates and our local community, stretch yourself on the job and take advantage of many promotional opportunities, you will ultimately achieve professional success. As we grow, you grow.