Primary HomeCare is a recognized leader in providing Nurse Practitioner house-calls to the home bound. Our board certified Nurses Practitioners collaborate to bring the doctor’s office to patient's homes on a regular monthly schedule. We also provide sick-call visits and a reliable 24-hour on-call telephone service. Primary HomeCare’s mission is to provide quality medical healthcare and personal attention in the comfort of the home. Anyone who has difficulty commuting to a medical office for any reason, including lack of transportation, is eligible for a Primary HomeCare house call from our professional, friendly and experienced Nurse Practitioners.
Primary HomeCare is the largest provider of medical house call care in Pennsylvania. We are seeking compassionate, qualified and knowledgeable Nurse Practitioners to work full-time or part-time in the Philadelphia area.
The benefits of being a Nurse Practitioner with Primary HomeCare are many, including;
- Flexible schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Health and Dental
- Travel Expense
- No Nights, Weekends or Holidays
- Computer and WIFI access supplied
- Bonus programs
Nurse Practitioner Job Responsibilities**
You will utilize your advanced knowledge and clinical expertise in providing home-based primary care healthcare services to patients and their families. You will work in collaboration with other nurse practitioners of Primary HomeCare’s team and be directly accountable for making clinical judgments using independent and interdependent decision-making skills.
You will provide direct and indirect patient care in managing the healthcare needs of patients, including providing primary care to patients using advanced skills in physical examination, diagnosis, and treatment.
You will prescribe and implement interventions identified in the interdisciplinary plan of care. Write medical orders (medications, tests, skilled nursing and therapy, and invasive procedures) and may perform invasive procedures subject to practice policies and procedures and provide patient/family education and counseling.
The Nurse Practitioner at Primary HomeCare functions as a consultant, educator, researcher, resource, and role model for patients, families, the community, nursing personnel, and other healthcare providers and functions in a leadership position to facilitate achievement of patient care and organizational goals. The Nurse Practitioner develops and maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external customers, including employees, physicians, facilities and community members.
Additional responsibilities for the Nurse Practitioner include:
- Prescribing and implementing interventions
- Ensuring program compliance with local, state, and federal government regulations
- Reviewing and interpreting diagnostic reports, consults, discharge summaries, etc.
- Performing invasive procedures subject to practice policies and procedures
- Providing education and counseling to patients and families
- Writing medical orders
As a Nurse Practitioner for Primary HomeCare, you must have effective clinical skills, and demonstrate a willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability.
Additional requirements of the Nurse Practitioner include:
- Current licensure as a professional nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Doctorate or Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited Nurse Practitioner training program
- CRNP in Adult Health, Acute Care, Family or Gerontology from a certification body (ANCC, AANP, ONCC, NBCHPN)
- Minimum 45 completed hours of course work in advanced pharmacology w/ an additional 16 hours in continuing education in advanced pharmacology per biennium
- Ability to obtain DEA license and CRNP prescriptive authority by the State Board of Nursing
- Valid driver’s license and current CPR
- Ability to transfer/accommodate 50-100 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
- Prior Home Health Nursing/house call experience, a plus__
Primary HomeCare, LLC
8118 Old York Rd
Elkins Park, PA 19027
For more information on Primary HomeCare, please visit our website at
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Certified Nurse Practitioner (Required)
- RN (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- Multiple locations
- On the road
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible