Community Services for Children is seeking Lead Teachers for our Head Start program to make a difference in the lives of children and their families. CSC’s Head Start/Early Head Start programs has been designated as a Program of Excellence, one of ten in the nation. This is a unique opportunity for a social services professional to implement high quality programming based on best practice and current research in the field.
- Develop and implement individualized educational programming and child development principles adhering to all federal, state and local regulations within an active project based classroom setting.
- Implement positive behavior supports to encourage the development of self regulation, social competence and pro-social behaviors in preschool children.
- Complete screenings as well as formative and summative assessments for each child.
- Partner with each child’s family to ensure a collaborative educational experience.
- Work flexible hours including evenings to meet family and program needs.
- Supervise, develop and evaluate Assistant Teacher.
- BA/BS in Early Childhood Education or a BA or advanced degree in any subject with coursework equivalent to a major relating to ECE with preschool classroom experience.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Car and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Full Time.
- 15 sick days per yr.
- 2 personal days per yr.
- 11 paid holidays per yr.
- Summers off.
- Comprehensive medical Package.
- Fee dental coverage.
- Pay rate $20.72/hr. - $23.39/hr.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.72 to $23.39 /hour
- early childhood education: 1 year