Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT or advances in machine learning and artificial intelligence? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve the intelligence community. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, before delving into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll focus on building scalable data pipelines and analytic platforms to extract insights from data, leveraging open source tools and managed cloud services. You will work with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and subject matter experts to develop enterprise-grade analytic capabilities. Join us as we use data science for good in support of the global intelligence mission.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 4 years of experience with using programming languages, including Python, R, or Java to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience with using SQL to conduct complex database queries
- Knowledge of the analytics maturity model, data strategy, and data governance
- Ability to display business judgment in anticipating client or project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Ability to be a self-starter and use initiative to present complex information to non-technical audiences
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with implementing data strategy and data governance practices
- Knowledge of natural language processing techniques
- Knowledge of commercial cloud services used by the IC
- Ability to create pivot tables, formulas, and macros and data models using Microsoft Excel and VBA
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills, including communicating information to a senior executive audience
- MA or MS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, CS, Data Analytics, or a related technical field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.