We are looking for a Medical Secretary to support our medical office. Patients, visitors and medical staff will turn to you for information and help with administrative issues. You must have excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.
Our medical receptionist should be efficient and well-spoken with experience running a medical office. If you are patient, computer-savvy and can multitask, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to ensure the smooth workflow of our medical facility, so that our patients receive the best possible care.
- Receive and assist patients as needed
- Handling communication and calendars
- Scan all medical records and send to referring provider
- Maintain detailed patient and medical records
- Manage office communications (e.g. phone, correspondence)
- Schedule medical appointments and make confirmation calls to patients
- Insurance verification
- Work with insurance companies to process claims
- Process invoices, bills and payments
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proven experience as a front desk or similar administrative position
- Knowledge of medical terminology, regulations and medical office procedures; knowledge of medical coding is strongly desired
- Experience processing insurance claims
- Familiarity with basic bookkeeping
- Knowledge of MS Office, databases and EHR systems
- Outstanding communication skills
- Patience and discretion
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- High school diploma required; additional training in Medical Administration is a plus
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour