Weekend Camp - Assistant Cook
Part-time (10-15 hours/per weekend), Friday-Sat
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESINCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist in the preparation and serving of all meals as directed by the Head Cook.
- Maintain neat and safe storage of food.
- Supervise kitchen and dining hall staff in the absence of the Head Cook.
- Work with the Head Cook to ensure that kitchen meets or exceeds the standards of the Health Department and all other accrediting bodies.
- Provide input to menu.
- Be responsible with the Kitchen Aide for the cleaning and care of the kitchen, dining hall, and equipment.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings as directed by the Head Cook.
- Experience working in food service.
- Food handler's certificate as required by local and state regulations.
- Quantity cooking and food management experience.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to camp resources, conditions and programs.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position including lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, squatting, twisting, reaching overhead, walking on wet surfaces, long hours standing, and working in extreme temperatures.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Current First Aid and CPR.
- The Assistant Cook is not required to live on-site. However, on-site housing is available. If the Assistant Cook elects to live on-site, the “closed camp” policy does apply (once camp is in session everyone remains on camp/no visitors without prior permission of Summer Camp Director).
- This is a tobacco-free/drug-free environment.
- Rustic working conditions with rugged terrain.
- Shift work/long hours.
- All staff are required to sign and adhere to a Code of Ethics and all written policies and procedures.
E*asterseals Camp Stand By Me* in Vaughn, WA provides an inclusive, barrier-free environment for children and adults with disabilities to experience all the joys of camp without limitations. Camp is about all of the things children and adults CAN do: swim, play, archery, eat s'mores, build lifelong friendships, and more.
Part-time: 10-15 hours/per weekend, Friday-Sat
Up to 6 weekends from September through December:
- September 20-22
- October 4-6
- October 18-20
- November 8-11
- November 22-24
- December 6-8
Dates for 2020 will be released in December.
TO APPLY: SUBMIT RESUME
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $12.50 /hour
- Food Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Handler permit (Required)
- First Aid Certification (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Weekends required
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
- Day shift
Company's Facebook page: