Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Serves as a Healthcare quality and patient safety subject matter expert and resource to the hospital’s service lines. This position supports performance improvement efforts, quality, and patient safety initiatives designed to achieve top decile quality and safety outcomes. The Performance Improvement Specialist partners with Service Line Leadership, medical and department directors to review and analyze key performance indicators and Service Line Dashboards and to facilitate the development of effective improvement action plans. Population served is based on scope of services in the department but may be flexed as needed to achieve desired patient outcomes.
Qualifications:Education and Experience Requirements:
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, field in healthcare related strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Performance Improvement, strongly preferred.
- Experience in conducting Root Cause Analysis, FMEA, regulatory accreditation survey preparation strongly preferred.
- PREFER: Master’s Degree in healthcare related field.
- PREFER: CPHQ and clinical experience.
License, Registration, or Certification Requirements:
- MS Excel, Powerpoint, Presentation skills, Team Facilitation, Improvement methodologies including but not limited to Lean, data analysis and reporting.
- Must be able to become proficient in EMR (Cerner) chart review
- Experience managing/coordinating organizational resources to ensure performance and quality improvement objectives are developed and targets met.
- Practice in understanding and communicating how operational and clinical outcomes foster organizational strategy and growth
- Skilled in strong, effective communication, statistical interpretation, and development of positive/productive working relationships
- Proficiency in staff training and policy development
- Lean Six Sigma certified preferred or achieve certification within 1 year of hire
- Licensed by NYS Office of the Professions in a health care profession (ie RN, OT, PT, Speech, Radiology, Pharmacy)