New Pathway is looking for mentor-instructors who can teach Test Prep reading/writing sections for the SAT, ACT, TOEFL and SSAT. The mentor will be responsible for ensuring student achievement at the highest levels.
Overall teaching duties will include, but not be limited to, managing small classroom discussions, facilitating group learning activities, providing one-on-one academic support, and giving timely and useable feedback on student assignments.
- At least a senior/ B.A./B.S. from a top university
- Previous teaching experience (> 2 years preferably)
- Fluent-level English reading, writing, and speaking ability
- Strong command of English grammar, reading comprehension, and writing
- 700/800 on SATI Writing and Critical Reading preferred
- At least 25/30 on TOEFL Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking sections
- Self-starter capable of thriving in a fast-paced, fluid start-up environment
- Proven team-player who can work effectively with people with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Evidence of leadership potential and a stated interest in growing as a professional
- Excellent communication skills
This position is for PT that can turn into FT opportunity depending on performance, feedback, etc.
Email resume & cover letter to:
(on subject, please include position title)