1 year contract
- The main goal of a stock clerk is to prevent production slowdowns or sales losses by making sure there are adequate supplies of merchandise or equipment on hand.
- When stock clerks receive deliveries, they unpack the boxes, inspect the items, and return unsatisfactory or damaged goods to the wholesaler or distributor.
- Acceptable merchandise is then arranged on shelves and racks, in bins, or on the floor of the stockroom.
- Stock clerks are also responsible for marking goods with the proper identifying codes and prices so that supplies can be retrieved easily.
- When stock clerks receive requests or orders for items from the stockroom, they send the appropriate merchandise to the right department.
- In large stockrooms, automated material-handling equipment is used to help store and retrieve goods.
- Receive, receipt for and store materials Issue and transfer materials Maintain records as required Conduct inventories as required Must have legible handwriting skills Operate forklift trucks and other powered material handling equipment, including a turret, stock picker, fork truck, manual and motorized pallet jacks Load, Drive, and unload a truck, all in accordance with procedures.
- Be able to climb onto racks while wearing a harness Follow all PPE requirements Keep a neat and orderly storeroom.
- Ability to lift items which may exceed 50 pounds in weight.
- Must have a valid Driver's license.
- Experience performing similar and lesser skilled work as required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- stock clerk: 1 year (Required)
- operating turret, stock picker, pallet: 1 year (Required)
- Operating forklift trucks: 1 year (Required)