- Design and use Crystal database reports to track costs, monitor cash flow, monitor working capital reserves and prepare ad hoc analytics requested by firm principals;
- Oversee daily cash operations, approve payables, verify correct payable coding and entry and ensure compliance with check signing protocols;
- Develop payables reporting to management for timely payment and distribution;
- Prepare and deliver daily cash report to management;
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of settlement payments by overseeing the receipt and deposit of settlement checks into firm trust account, the preparation and distribution of trust account checks to clients, the reconciliation of settlement receipts and distributions, and the transfer of earned fees from firm trust account into firm operating accounts; and
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial reports and statements;
- Scheduling and tracking of cash receipts to ensure timely deposit and asset custody;
- Create and implement monthly and quarterly closing procedures, manage closing process to ensure efficiency;
- Perform regular General Ledger maintenance, Balance Sheet reconciliations, bank and credit card reconciliations, and Income Statement analysis;
- Systematically review and analyze General Ledger account detail activity.
- Assist in creating and maintaining an annual firm wide operating budget in alignment with owner’s strategic objectives;
- Project financial outcomes of various alternative case settlement scenarios;
- Assess organizational performance against annual budget and the owner's long-term strategy;
- Analyze all regular purchasing expenditures, obtain competing vendor price proposals as needed and make actionable savings recommendations to management on both strategy and operations.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports, cash projections, budgets and accounting-related reports;
- Complete analysis of financial results and develop recommendations (strategic and tactical);
- Develop and execute analysis of various business and political initiatives established by the owner;
- In collaboration with management, develop and maintain a capital budget;
- Assist in development of customized financial planning and analysis exercises and reports;
- Function as key contact person for firm management team who need help understanding their reporting responsibilities;
- Administer internal control processes for outside attorneys, as well as implementing and communicating policy and procedure updates regarding fiscal operations.
- Maintain business personal property inventory, detailing additions each month for reporting;
- Manage accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions; supervise firm's staff;
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures;
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures necessary to provide an accurate accounting of corporate and ancillary ventures;
- Coordinate with IT Director regarding the implementation of accounting systems, testing for upgrades or installation of service packs;
- Assures all regulatory requirements are satisfied;
- Coordinate proper filing of estimated tax deposits and income tax returns with outside CPA firm.
- Mentor and develop direct reporting team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of a dynamic and effective accounting team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 7 years (Required)