Our team is expanding rapidly and we're looking for people who are passionate about harnessing the power of technology to push our capabilities forward in the quest to deliver genetic information at scale. We are looking for a detail-oriented, industrious Molecular Technologist to join our Irvine laboratory who can perform routine clinical molecular diagnostic testing employing techniques for DNA extraction, PCR, sequencing and genotyping.
What you'll do:
What you bring:
- Perform molecular biological techniques as required, including nucleic acid extraction, Microarray, and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Participate in the validation/commissioning, calibration, maintenance and running of automated and non-automated laboratory equipment
- Utilize the Laboratory Information Management System for sample/result documentation and tracking
- 2-6 years laboratory testing experience in a molecular diagnostics production laboratory
- Microarray or other genetic molecular analysis experience
- Understanding of molecular genetics and general chemistry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed for interaction with all members of the laboratory team
- Shift is Tuesday to Saturday, from 9:00am to 5:30pm
- Language(s) English
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline or medical technology
- California State license as a Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist (CGMBS) or as a Clinical Cytogenetics Scientist (CCS)
- Certification as MB(ASCP) or CG(ASCP)
By joining Invitae, you'll work alongside some of the world's experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We've created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.