Most postings are open for a limited time, depending upon the number of applications received. When the stated closing date is "Continuous", please apply immediately. The position may close without notice.
This position provides leadership, management and supervision for all aspects of the Performance and Accountability department within College and Career Readiness. This position also serves as chief/lead analyst for performance data collection, analysis, and submissions for state and federal agencies; as well as oversees a team to collect and coordinate student data submissions for enrollment to CCR programs. Additional oversight includes directing all program audits and monitoring.
Responsibilities and Duties (*Essential Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described.
- Reviews and analyzes data and regulatory reporting systems and alerts management of possible risks related to compliance and funding
- Prepares feasibility reports to provide recommendations for responsible fiscal operations
- Leads College & Career Readiness Program Performance staff performing data collection and data entry into the Literacy Education Information System program
- Works with the Dean of College and Career Readiness and CCR leadership to provide data monitoring outcomes for CCR and communicate new developments
- Directs preparation and error correction of LEIS data for monthly and annual accountability reports and troubleshoots problems with LEIS data collection, entry and reporting
- Works with management to provide consulting to improve efficiency of program operations
- Submits plans and implements controls to maximize data collection and reporting
- Stays current on regulations affecting the organization and provides training to staff to ensure compliance
- Monitors program performance, including (but not limited to) the use of Colleague reports, Informer and Web Attendance
- Oversees and coordinates monthly federal reports for time and effort
- Supervises installation of LEIS programming patches and conducts quality tests before program-wide adoption
Serves as Colleague liaison for College and Career Readiness, builds new courses, trains new staff in the appropriate mnemonics and troubleshoots set-up of College and Career Readiness sections
Serves as a liaison to Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Accreditation and Research
Participates in NC Community College Systems' Office (NCCCS) and Wake Technical Community College professional development, conferences, committees, taskforces and workshops related to LEIS when applicable
Completes an annual applied benchmark project on an individual or group basis
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced environment
Ability to maintain records accurately and meet deadlines consistently.
Strong analytical skills
Ability and willingness to quickly learn new IT systems and software
Highly developed oral and written communication skills
Should relate and communicate well with individuals from all socio-economic levels and ethnic groups with respect and sensitivity
Ability to motivate staff, develop teamwork, and provide effective supervision
Knowledge of College and Career Readiness policies and procedures
A Bachelor's degree
Five years of experience working with LEIS system including troubleshooting and supervision of data entry and data integrity
Experience with data reporting standard tools and/or software such as Excel, SAS, SAP, LEIS or other
Current certification for Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) and/or BEST test administration or must complete certification within 3 months of hiring
May be required to work some evenings or weekends