Meat Cutters prepare all meat products for merchandising. They are mainly responsible for stocking, cutting, grinding, wrapping, weighing, pricing and attractively merchandising meat products.
Secondary Job Duties:
- Cuts all meats, including merchandising carcass cattle. Has advanced level knowledge of meat cuts, including special cuts.
- Uses meat grinders, slicers, knives, power saws, and tenderizers in a safe manner.
- Monitors cooler and display cases for proper temperatures and report problems.
- Cleans/maintains work area; knows procedures for proper cleaning of equipment; cleans and sanitizes cutting surfaces often and at appropriate times.
- Keeps aware of current ad specials.
- Offers suggestions to customers to provide alternatives, assists customers with special requests and answer questions about meat products and services.
- Ensures proper inventory control and product rotation to maximize product freshness and availability, while minimizing waste.
- Serves as a positive role model to others in the department.
- In the manager’s absence-coaches and trains others, conducts huddles with department employees, and communicates weekly merchandising plan.
- Maintains a positive attitude with co-workers and managers.
- Informs department manager of product that is needed and learns the process for ordering.
- Exercise safe food handling practices to prevent cross contamination of product.
- Exercise proper safety practices of all equipment.
- Comply with all safety and company guidelines.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma.
- Has advanced knowledge of meat products.
Never- 0%, Occasionally- 1-33%, Frequently- 34-66%, Continuously- 67-100%
Safety Risk Factors:
- Never-Sitting, balancing, manual dexterity and crawling.
- Occasionally- climbing up to 8 foot height, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking, and smelling.
- Frequently- carrying up to 80 lbs., pushing and pulling up to 300 lbs., lifting up to 80 lbs., and bending.
- Continuously- Standing on tile/concrete, walking on tile/concrete, reaching waist/overhead level, seeing, and hearing.
- Never- hazardous cleaning solutions.
- Occasionally- Contact with skin irritant, toxic exposure (see Material Safety Data Sheets), and nuisance dust, fumes, sprays.
- Frequently-Loud noise, twisting of back and neck, and slippery or cluttered floor surface.
- Continuously- hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts), and contact with sharp objects.
- Varied, irregular schedules.
- Working environment involves inside, cold, and wet/humidity.
333 S Mason Road Katy, TX - 77450
066 Fiesta Katy